Ed Orgeron Not sure why he's not mentioned as a replacement

sitzee

Freshman
Orgeron - I'm not sure why he's not mentioned but he's still out there....

I believe he left Miami at a low point in his life but the man has bounced back.. I know he didn't have a lot of success at Ole MIss, but then again who has?
After Um, Orgeron Turned Life Around http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/20...166_1_coach-orgeron-defensive-line-ed-orgeron

The guy is a winner, took over for Kiffin last year and went 7-2 as interim Head Coach at USC...
He went 2-2 against top 25 teams.. They beat #5 Stanford, and #20 Fresno State, and lost to #24 Notre Dame & cross town rival #16 UCLA.. They finished the season ranked #19... What did the school do to reward him? They gave the job to former USC Offensive Coordinator Steve Sarkisian the more popular choice...

He's not Butch Davis nor Schiano but he's a name that should be looked at:

1988-92 DL Coach at The U, served under Coach Erickson and won 2 National Championships while at the school... He knows South Florida football, he would bring a toughness that's been missing from this team... Bring back the speed

Scoping Out Speed Um Recruiter Ed Orgeron Chases Down The Hard To Catch.
http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/1990-11-07/news/9002230896_1_recruiter-cardinal-newman-ex-cardinal

2004 : Named National Recruiter of the Year - he relates well not only with the kids but with the parents as well

The U has won National Championship's with non traditional Head Coaches... When Jimmy Johnson took over for Schnellenberger who ever heard of him, then with Erickson as well... I believe Orgeron could get this team over the hump and start the winning tradition again...

Advertisement
Forget about Coach O, when he left Miami the last time he blew up the bridge an a lot of the old money donors won't forget that.

At Ole Miss (2005-2007), Orgeron recorded only two wins against teams with winning records (the 2005 and 2007 Memphis teams, which both finished at 7-5)—the fewest among active SEC coaches at the time. Until the 2007 season, he enjoyed the public support of The University of Mississippi's chancellor Robert Khayat and other administrators with oversight of the football program, including Athletic Director Pete Boone. In a November 2006 article in The Clarion-Ledger, Khayat said of Orgeron and the poor win/loss record since he was hired (7–14, at the time of the interview), "I think Coach Orgeron inherited a very difficult situation....I am 100 percent behind him, and I think that people ought to understand that he has a big challenge."

In 2007, Ole' Miss finished the season 0–8 against fellow SEC teams, and 3–9 overall. It was the program's first winless (conference) season since 1982.

On November 24, 2007, after Ole Miss blew a 14-point fourth-quarter lead to in-state rival Mississippi State in the season finale, Orgeron was fired. He was replaced by former University of Arkansas head coach Houston Nutt (who had resigned from the Arkansas program three days after Orgeron's firing).

Ran his own program one and was an overwhelming failure. Couldn't even get the job at USC when he had a lot going in his favor. No thanks.

These aren't exactly flattering numbers:

Jimmy Johnson's record while at Oklahoma State: 29-26-2
1979 7–4 (5–2)
1980 4–7 (3–4)
1981 6–6 (3–4) Independence Bowl vs. Texas A&M16–33 (L)
1982 4–5–2 (3–2–2)
1983 8–4 (3–4) Bluebonnet Bowl vs. Baylor 24–14 (W)

Dennis Erickson while at Washington State:
12–10–1

Sam Jankovich had feeling& turned out right.. Based upon both their previous coaching records they weren't exactly screaming Buys

Orgeron 2013 USC Interim Head Coach

7-2
2-2 vs. top 25

This man deserves another chance, again not the most popular choice

Ran his own program one and was an overwhelming failure. Couldn't even get the job at USC when he had a lot going in his favor. No thanks.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Because, unfortunately, there's no coach to replace. This administration will be too stupid to let go of Golden. All these threads about random coaches taking over are irrelevant.

I guess it's just a way for people to cope and see the light at the end of the tunnel but Golden will be the coach here until the end of the season. Honestly, they'll probably even give him next season. We're going to have to deal with being nationally ridiculed for another season or so. These threads are getting so redundant.

I'd take Rex all day long... He's better then what the Phins have... He does more with less talent then Philbin does with superior talent.. I'm a Dolphin fan, have been for longer then I care to remember...

He's the Rex Ryan of college football

Advertisement
Look the guy is a solid recruiter and a terrific DL maybe even a DC but in no way is he capable fo running a program like Miami. There is a huge difference in being an interim and having success and being the number one top spot in a job like Miami. This isn't an easy job. Somehow people think that bc of all the talent here it's easy to coach here. It's not and the successful coaches have been great at their jobs

I'm curious as to why you think he's incapable of running a program at The U? He's been a Head Coach, Solid Recruiter, his Defenses are always ranked and respectable and lastly being able to adjust to the current situation...

After his experience at the Ole Miss, Orgeron decided to approach his second stint as a head coach differently. Instead of resuming the intense aggressiveness he had used as a defensive line and head coach, he used a different approach this time. Orgeron applied behavioral techniques he had used on his own teenage children, in an effort to approach his USC players "like my sons".

Unlike our current Head Coach he made adjustments to his coaching style and the results speak for themselves..

Look the guy is a solid recruiter and a terrific DL maybe even a DC but in no way is he capable fo running a program like Miami. There is a huge difference in being an interim and having success and being the number one top spot in a job like Miami. This isn't an easy job. Somehow people think that bc of all the talent here it's easy to coach here. It's not and the successful coaches have been great at their jobs

If old school donors need to be won over, Ed Orgeron at this stage of his life is a humble man...I think it wouldn't be hard.

Hate to tell you, but recruits today saw "The Blind Side" in Middle school and relate to that (and Ed) more than UM's 2001 championship..Well at least until the next ESPN 30 for 30.

Advertisement
Great dLine coach. Probably a mediocre - slightly above average coordinator (which would be a step up for us). Not a head coach. Most guys have ceilings. We know his.

If we could get this dude and Rick Petri in here we would start putting some heat on the QB, will tell you that right now.

Didn't he basically get ran out of Miami? I had heard he was a constant drunk & had one too many domestic violence incidents!

Advertisement
Didn't he basically get ran out of Miami? I had heard he was a constant drunk & had one too many domestic violence incidents!

I don't know about domestic. I think he preferred beating strangers up in bars.

Would love him as DC if we ever move on from our current dumpster fire. Considering that I read somewhere his last offer was from Nicholls State I think its pretty realistic too.

Advertisement
Back