Confirmed ECU PF Brandon Johnson Commits

Advertisement
He’s definitely a big that can play back to the basket but also has a nice set shot from the outside. Nice range too. I don’t see Miller , he’s not as skilled at handling the ball but would be a great pick and pop guy. Which will stretch the floor. Now I’d like to focus more on some ball handling and guys to make plays off the dribble. Next years team won’t be getting bullied inside with the size we’ve added.
He’s more Kadji than Miller, imo.

He’s definitely a big that can play back to the basket but also has a nice set shot from the outside. Nice range too. I don’t see Miller , he’s not as skilled at handling the ball but would be a great pick and pop guy. Which will stretch the floor. Now I’d like to focus more on some ball handling and guys to make plays off the dribble. Next years team won’t be getting bullied inside with the size we’ve added.
Crib - Any clue on which way guys like Cleveland, Wooga, George and Omier are leaning? bring your football insight to us bball fellas.

He has that old man Sam Perkins set shot lol. He’s 6’8 but is thick ( pause). He aligns well with Kidd, their games are different but being size / length.
Agreed. Gives us a ton of size and he can hit from way out there to keep things spaced offensively. I really don’t want to see him playing the 3 though.

Advertisement
Either the writing is on the wall for Omier or we're going to be one of the best rebounding teams in the country.

Or is he more of a Jordan Miller type of player?

6'8" and 210 pounds? I definitely think he's more Miller than Omier.

We could use them both.

He didn't look like a day 1 starter last night
Or in the state semi game I watched. Obviously he’s highly rated so it will be tough for him not to be given everything to start. But I think this fanbase is going to have their eyes opened when they see him early on next year (not in a good way).

I personally think Lonnie was more college ready than Bethea is. Still a lot of time for him to develop though before his first game at UM

Advertisement
Either the writing is on the wall for Omier or we're going to be one of the best rebounding teams in the country.

Or is he more of a Jordan Miller type of player?
Hope for the latter.

I do not have enough fingers to count how many times we shot the ball this year with all 5 guys taking off the other way while shot is in air. I can't believe this is not talked about more. You have a 0% chance of a rebound in this scenario.

I'll, again, go on record betting that Bethea is NOT a day 1 starter here. L has never given freshman that privilege. I expect him to be a 20-25 minutes per game guy for the majority of the season. If he can't defend, it will be less.

Or in the state semi game I watched. Obviously he’s highly rated so it will be tough for him not to be given everything to start. But I think this fanbase is going to have their eyes opened when they see him early on next year (not in a good way).

I personally think Lonnie was more college ready than Bethea is. Still a lot of time for him to develop though before his first game at UM
Yeah, he did not play well against Parkland in the semis. You can not play great every game. Pack for example, when hot, can hit from almost anywhere on the floor and most fans are more inclined to see him keep launching it when so. When he is off, like any other player, you move the ball to someone who is.

Advertisement

And Walker only started 18 of 32 games. He played a lot of minutes early and he wasn't all that great. Took some time to getting his footing.

Advertisement
6'8" and 210 pounds? I definitely think he's more Miller than Omier.

We could use them both.
Tbh his game doesn’t compare to either but he does have a pretty good back to the basket game like Omier but has a much better set shot / range.

I just never became a Cleveland fan. He just didn’t seem to be a right fit here and was so inconsistent. I think when healthy Wooga can be a very good player.

If Wooga isn't in the gym working on his dribbling and ball control all during the off season he will lose any sniff at the NBA.

Advertisement
Back