Eboigbe setting up official visit to Miami

View as article

Stefan Adams

Managing Editor
Premium
Back in February, the Miami Hurricanes and D-Line coach Craig Kuligowski offered Forest Park (GA) 4-star DE Justin Eboigbe as a candidate to join Surge19.

“I was excited due to knowing who just offered me,” Eboigbe said of his Miami offer.

However, shortly afterwards, Kuligowski defected to Alabama, and contact between Eboigbe and Miami died down. It wasn’t long until Eboigbe followed Kuligowski to the Crimson Tide and committed to play in Tuscaloosa. Things have changed lately for Eboigbe though, and he has elected to look around at other schools, one of which has been Miami, who got back in touch with him in recent weeks.

“Miami is now in the mix of schools that I'm interested in,” said Eboigbe. “I’m setting up an official visit for most likely next month.”

In addition to a future Miami official, Eboigbe plans a Tennessee official visit as well, and recently took an OV to UF last month. It’s been Kuligowski’s replacement Jess Simpson and his never-ending Georgia connections that have gotten UM back in the game with Eboigbe.

“I’ve been hearing from Coach Simpson,” Eboigbe said. “Our relationship’s been growing, we’re texting and talking on the phone.”

The Canes have been recruiting Eboigbe as a defensive end, but the star senior’s size is currently at 6’5” 265 pounds and still growing. With Miami’s propensity to turn larger DE’s into athletic defensive tackles, Eboigbe is definitely a candidate to move to the interior once he potentially gets to campus at Miami.

“Coach Simpson tells me about Miami, how their defense is and how he sees me fitting in,” Eboigbe said. “He also tells me the similarities between different players and me.”

With all the interest in other programs, you’d think Eboigbe has begun to waver from his Bama commitment. However, when asked about the status of his Alabama commitment, he gave a simply worded answer.

“It’s still strong,” Eboigbe said.

In the end, the school that will win Eboigbe over will be a place where he feels comfortable with the staff, players, and overall environment.

“Just somewhere that feels like home.”

Advertisement
Back in February, the Miami Hurricanes and D-Line coach Craig Kuligowski offered Forest Park (GA) 4-star DE Justin Eboigbe as a candidate to join Surge19.

“I was excited due to knowing who just offered me,” Eboigbe said of his Miami offer.

However, shortly afterwards, Kuligowski defected to Alabama, and contact between Eboigbe and Miami died down. It wasn’t long until Eboigbe followed Kuligowski to the Crimson Tide and committed to play in Tuscaloosa. Things have changed lately for Eboigbe though, and he has elected to look around at other schools, one of which has been Miami, who got back in touch with him in recent weeks.

“Miami is now in the mix of schools that I'm interested in,” said Eboigbe. “I’m setting up an official visit for most likely next month.”

In addition to a future Miami official, Eboigbe plans a Tennessee official visit as well, and recently took an OV to UF last month. It’s been Kuligowski’s replacement Jess Simpson and his never-ending Georgia connections that have gotten UM back in the game with Eboigbe.

“I’ve been hearing from Coach Simpson,” Eboigbe said. “Our relationship’s been growing, we’re texting and talking on the phone.”

The Canes have been recruiting Eboigbe as a defensive end, but the star senior’s size is currently at 6’5” 265 pounds and still growing. With Miami’s propensity to turn larger DE’s into athletic defensive tackles, Eboigbe is definitely a candidate to move to the interior once he potentially gets to campus at Miami.

“Coach Simpson tells me about Miami, how their defense is and how he sees me fitting in,” Eboigbe said. “He also tells me the similarities between different players and me.”

With all the interest in other programs, you’d think Eboigbe has begun to waver from his Bama commitment, However, when asked about the status of his Alabama commitment, he gave a simply worded answer.

“It’s still strong,” Eboigbe said.

In the end, the school that will win Eboigbe over will be a place where he feels comfortable with the staff, players, and overall environment.

“Just somewhere that feels like home.”

Simpson working, probably see Chaney visiting also.

Advertisement
If or when Bama drops him this young man will stay in the SEC an collects bags to # feed the fam. The young man had a top 5 of Bama, UGA, Tenn, Clemson, and UF are all schools that are OG's in the bag game. Pruitt will snap up any Bama 2019 class cast off.

Go Canes

Advertisement
Forest park is not really good as a team but they play good competition. They have produced stars in the past like hines ward

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
bama doesnt just reject kids because they "Arent" good. they reject kids for not shutting down recruitment.

Advertisement
Back