Ebb and flow of recruiting

Canesfan1899

All-American
Premium
Seems like this time of year always brings out newbies who seem to hedge their posts on every worr out of these recruits and we need to take a step back and realize that this is recruiting. There will be misinformation spread all over the place, there willbe kids that change their minds repeatedly over the next 2 months, it happens every year and this year will be no different.

Tito pointed out that there will be a constant flow of people saying they saw recruit X with canes gear on and wearling Canes slippers so he must be a silent commit, and then we will go crazy when they choose another school. I'm already seeing a bunch of chicken littles with the sky is falling posts today because it's reported that Cook is leaning to FSU and Dixon may be leaning to OSU. Again, this is recruiting, this will happen every year and people will be much happier if they can learn to accept that these are 17-19 year old kids enjoying the **** out of all the attention they're be paid, and they will make comments in support of which ever school is interviewing them.

For those of you that freak out with every new interview I wish you the best, it's going to be a long ride for you until February.

Advertisement
Seems like this time of year always brings out newbies who seem to hedge their posts on every worr out of these recruits and we need to take a step back and realize that this is recruiting. There will be misinformation spread all over the place, there willbe kids that change their minds repeatedly over the next 2 months, it happens every year and this year will be no different.

Tito pointed out that there will be a constant flow of people saying they saw recruit X with canes gear on and wearling Canes slippers so he must be a silent commit, and then we will go crazy when they choose another school. I'm already seeing a bunch of chicken littles with the sky is falling posts today because it's reported that Cook is leaning to FSU and Dixon may be leaning to OSU. Again, this is recruiting, this will happen every year and people will be much happier if they can learn to accept that these are 17-19 year old kids enjoying the **** out of all the attention they're be paid, and they will make comments in support of which ever school is interviewing them.

For those of you that freak out with every new interview I wish you the best, it's going to be a long ride for you until February.

You make all the sense in the world as a savvy vet, however too many posters live and die on every word thus leading to frenetic posting, not going to change anytime soon, just keep giving the good advice, that's all anyone an do.

The ebb and flow of recruiting is expected. The problem we have here is that when there is a negative report, the attack the program crew rushes in to inflame the inexperienced and starts a dumpster fire.

What the newbies need to realize is that recruiting is a long, painful and potentially dishonest and hard to understand game. Be patient. Trust no one. Until the ink is dry there is very little to the word commitment in recruiting.

244.gif

Advertisement
The ebb and flow of recruiting is expected. The problem we have here is that when there is a negative report, the attack the program crew rushes in to inflame the inexperienced and starts a dumpster fire.

What the newbies need to realize is that recruiting is a long, painful and potentially dishonest and hard to understand game. Be patient. Trust no one. Until the ink is dry there is very little to the word commitment in recruiting.

I agree and every thread turns into a dumpster fire about Corch D, or Franklin. Worst yet porsters start bashing kids which is just sad IMO. The only kid I felt has deserved some bashing in the years I've followed recruiting is Q. Wilson and it was more his father than him.

Last edited:

You make all the sense in the world as a savvy vet, however too many posters live and die on every word thus leading to frenetic posting, not going to change anytime soon, just keep giving the good advice, that's all anyone an do.

I don't necessarily expect it to change but I felt it needed to be said.

Advertisement
I personally am in my 8th year of following the recruiting trail. It takes time for cats that are new to this to realize the grand scheme of things. Last I checked it's pretty hard to fit the 50 guys you want into a 25-30 man class. There's levels to this stuff that take a few times of witnessing to become comfortable with. Unfortunately Twitter and facebook have allowed total strangers to ride on every single hash tag, comma, and random thought that goes thru a 15-18 year old kids head. And now even following kids parents? Too much. Just enjoy the show.

I personally am in my 8th year of following the recruiting trail. It takes time for cats that are new to this to realize the grand scheme of things. Last I checked it's pretty hard to fit the 50 guys you want into a 25-30 man class. There's levels to this stuff that take a few times of witnessing to become comfortable with. Unfortunately Twitter and facebook have allowed total strangers to ride on every single hash tag, comma, and random thought that goes thru a 15-18 year old kids head. And now even following kids parents? Too much. Just enjoy the show.

Totally agree with you.

Advertisement
Back