Easton Bruere

Advertisement
Last edited:
Type of player who you might read about being a walk-on and then earning a scholarship and winning a game in his senior year.

Advertisement
Something is amiss. How can this kid not have an offer from New Mexico State? They've had one winning season since the dot.com collapse. They are the al golden of college football programs.

Something is amiss. How can this kid not have an offer from New Mexico State? They've had one winning season since the dot.com collapse. They are the al golden of college football programs.

+1

New Mexico is a wasteland for CFB but Landry Jones came from there

Advertisement

+1

New Mexico is a wasteland for CFB but Landry Jones came from there

Landry Jones came from Artesia. A smaller school in (NM 3 or 4A) but a consistent powerhouse. Artesia can and does usually beat the best larger schools in the state. Rio Rancho is up North, a suburb of Albuquerque which is where I'm from. Trust me, the competition for football out there is seriously lacking when comparing it to most other states.

We had two guys from my HS the 4 years I played ball go to a DI school on scholly for football. 1 went to UNM and the other played CB at Arizona State after going the JUCO route. I played against Bobby Newcomb who went to Nebraska, Troy Danoff (UCLA), and maybe a few others through out the year who I can't remember. That very will could be the reason he doesn't have many offers.

With that said, there have been a few to get picked up by good schools, but not many at all.

Wow! Really have no idea why this kid have no offers. He does everything right . Reads defense, look off defenders, throws tight throws, escape ability. Im shocked

Him not having an offer is crazier than Shirreffs not having one. New Mexico is not a hot-bed for football by any means. A guy with those stats should stand-out especially there. I still prefer Shirreffs to this kid though. He has better measurables. The kid really should be offered by some FBS school though.

Advertisement
Wow. He should have at least 1 offer. if Tyler grimsley and joe brown have an offer.. Then this kid certainly should

This is really upsetting. You feel for the kid. He is balling out there and not one scholarship offer? C'mon man.

Advertisement
We had a starting player back in the early 90's from NM: Carlos Etheridge. In the late 60s we got one of the most highly recruited QBs in the country: Dean Stone.

This further justifies how much of a joke the star rating system is. Talent isn't equivalent in all 50 states. A FL 3* and Michigan 3* are two different players

Last edited:
Carlos was a pretty darn good TE, but ended up playing right tackle his last year when the OL became depleted due to injuries.

We had a starting player back in the early 90's from NM: Carlos Etheridge. In the late 60s we got one of the most highly recruited QBs in the country: Dean Stone.

Advertisement
Back