Early Summer Mock 22 Class

Just did the recruiting math lol

Total score is 284.92 - 7th highest for 2021

Avg recruit score is 92.91 - 6th highest for 2021

Now, this includes Bear Alexander and Fegans (the “or’s) since they are the higher rated recruits.
How do you get the number of points to allocate from each player? Like they’re rated in the 80’s and 90’s and then also have an overall numerical rank. What’s the formula?

Advertisement
National team recruiting rankings should be looked at mostly for a directional sense of program success. That 2021 class was ranked 11th on 247's Composite team rankings, and I believe it will end up in the Top 5 looked back on 5-6 years from now.
True but we can only go on what we have now and what is consistent.

Couple things

At TE, rather ride with RJ Maryland than Jason Taylor’s kid.

Devon Jackson. If we get him then we should getting his buddy the OL.

Dont think we sign 2 safeties and a Striker. Wilson is not likely

Would love get DT Lucas from AZ but that doesn’t seem likely

I wouldn't mind it.

Obviously assuming there are no transfers, taking 2 in 2022 leaves your 2023 roster with:

4th year Keyshawn Smith
4th year Xavier Restrepo
4th year Mike Redding III
4th year Daz Worsham
3rd year Mello Brinson
3rd year Jacolby George
3rd year Brashard Smith
2nd year 2022 recruit
2nd year 2022 recruit
Probably 3+ 2023 true freshmen

And then maybe a 5th year Jeremiah Payton, but let's be honest if he's still here in 2023 he probably is a total bust.
Malik Curtis? If he winds up on offense

So you're talking about a WR room probably 11-12 deep. Should be fine.
Is that too deep? We never have carried more than 10 scholarship wide receivers in the last 15 years.

This was definitely an overly optimistic mock.

If the team plays better this year and we win 10+ and make it to the ACC Championship game (and don’t get embarrassed by Clemson) I think we can have a better class than expected.

Nyjalik and Kamari were at Miami yesterday btw

More realistic:
Maybe 1 out of Armella/Richardson
TE - No idea
Kelly —> Dante Anderson
No Kamari Wilson
No Fegans

PS no crack or meth in the system

Advertisement
How do you get the number of points to allocate from each player? Like they’re rated in the 80’s and 90’s and then also have an overall numerical rank. What’s the formula?
The player ranking provides a particular point value, which gives you the team ranking.

The player avg when added up with all committed players, divided by total players committed gives you the avg rated recruit for the class.

If you’re asking how a recruits ranking becomes that point value...idk lol got ask Bud Elliot or maybe David Lake/Gaby from 247

The player ranking provides a particular point value, which gives you the team ranking.

The player avg when added up with all committed players, divided by total players committed gives you the avg rated recruit for the class.

If you’re asking how a recruits ranking becomes that point value...idk lol got ask Bud Elliot or maybe David Lake/Gaby from 247
Yeah, I was trying to figure out how to get to 285 points or whatever it is.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I love Jacurri Brown’s potential. Just more refinement of his passing skills based on his completion percentage last season.

Jacurri Brown IS NOT a developmental QB.

I think it's safe to assume that ANY kid that goes from high school to college is a developmental QB. Finished products who step on campus since day 1 are almost non-existent. I'm sure you can dig up and example or two, but compare that to the thousands who aren't like that, and you get close to zero.

Advertisement
Here is who I think and hope we can land in this class:

QB - Jacurri Brown
Developmental QB with some crazy upside.

RB - none as we landed Cody Brown

WR - Quan Lee
WR - Jayden Gibson
*only take 2 this year because we grabbed 4 last year and 23 is loaded

TE - Mason Taylor
This is the biggest question mark for me. Maybe getting Taylor’s kid here helps with STA??

OL - Julian Armella
OL - Malik Agbo
OL - Daughtry Richardson
This group is a tough call as well. Armella and Richardson are FsU battles, but we should win those head to head. Agbo looks like an athletic guard, but it’s a long way from Washington.

DE - Shemar Stewart
DE - Nyjalik Kelly
DT - Alton Tabor or Bear Alexander
DT - Zane Durant
would love to land Bear but I think we’re 2nd to TAM
This would be a great haul. Stewart I think would be a base end that can rush from the inside. Durant is an explosive penetrating DT that will need some development. Kelly is a beast as well.

LB - Wesley Bissainthe
LB - Demario Tolan
LB - Devon Jackson
This would be an explosive LB group. We need to start landing studs at this position and I like all 3. Wesley is a monster and DJ ran a 10.51 100m!!!

Str - Sherod Covil
S - Kamari Wilson
S - Markeith Williams
CB - Khamauri Rogers
CB - Chris Graves
CB - Trequan Fegans or Jacolby Spells
I think we have an outside chance with Kamari - our stacked room may scare off guys looking to be done in 3. Markeith and Covil are studs though. If we can land 3 or all 4 of these CB’s we can crown DVD and TRob.
I like it. I have a few different ideas but I like it. Gibson is an intriguing prospect at WR and I like him but there are so many possibilities here. I can see taking 2 but think we might take 3.

At TE I have absolutely no clue who could end up here but whoever he is he's going to have to be a player to deserve being the only TE taken at TE U.

I like your list at OL but I think we need 4. I do think that we get Armella. The thing is that outside that I really have no clue who we are going to end up with. Richardson would be great but I don't have a gut feeling on him. I like Agbo as well but like you said, its a long way to Seattle. What I will say is just a gut feeling and pure speculation on my part but I think Justice is going to make a statement with this class and I expect a **** good one.

The defensive line is where this gets interesting because of how quality all of this quantity is. Put me down for Stewart and Kelly as well but with a DE class like this you don't just take 2. I wouldn't discount the possibility of taking up to 4 this cycle. There are so many names I could throw around but I really like Dante Anderson to be there in the end. As for a possible 4th name? No clue but there are a ton of options to choose from. I don't see Marvin Jones Jr. or Kenyatta Jackson being on board but there's a long way to go and plenty of other kids that would love to come here.

DT may be even more overwhelming with so many offers out there. I love Alton Tarber and think Simpson is on him hard. The 2 Lyons kids are great prospects. Admittedly I don't know much about Durant. Bear Alexander is a kid that may have legit interest but I'm not seeing him as a guy that sticks it out and signs. What I will say is that I absolutely love the kid from Ocoee Jordan Phillips so I'm going to call my shot with him. Depending on other factors its very possible that we take 3.

At LB we need 3 and your list is fantastic so we will just roll with that. Bissainthe is an absolute must get. Losing him would not be a good look.

I agree on Covil at Striker while also knowing that there are literally a dozen kids we have never heard of yet that could take that spot.

Two sounds great at Safety even though we could get away with one. I do think we have a shot with Wilson but I wouldn't lose any sleep over it either way because of our depth. Markeith Williams would be a great pickup and a duo of Wilson and Williams would be a coup.

This is already too long so let me wrap this up. I think we need 4 CBs although we could get away with 3. Anyway your list is exactly my list. I'm calling my shot with Spells, Graves and Rogers with Fegans being a very real possibility if we go for 4. People need to realize that Rumph is gone and T. Rob is here.

My Prediction

QB - Jacurri Brown

WR - Landon Ibieta
WR - Jayden Gibson

TE - Jaleel Skinner

OL - Julian Armella
OL - Falentha Carswell
OL - Daughtry Richardson

DE - Shemar Stewart
DE - Nyjalik Kelly
DE - Marvin Jones Jr.
DT - Anthony Lucas

LB - Wesley Bissainthe
LB - Demario Tolan (if he goes to LSU: Travious Lathan)
LB - Devon Jackson

S - Kamari Wilson
S - Demari Henderson
CB - Khamauri Rogers
CB - Chris Graves
CB - Earl Little Jr.
CB - Ja'Cari Henderson

Advertisement
Back