Early Summer Mock 22 Class

I wouldn't mind it.

Obviously assuming there are no transfers, taking 2 in 2022 leaves your 2023 roster with:

4th year Keyshawn Smith
4th year Xavier Restrepo
4th year Mike Redding III
4th year Daz Worsham
3rd year Mello Brinson
3rd year Jacolby George
3rd year Brashard Smith
2nd year 2022 recruit
2nd year 2022 recruit
Probably 3+ 2023 true freshmen

And then maybe a 5th year Jeremiah Payton, but let's be honest if he's still here in 2023 he probably is a total bust.
Malik Curtis? If he winds up on offense

So you're talking about a WR room probably 11-12 deep. Should be fine.
I can dig it OBM, I see what you did there. One thing I completely forgot to project was Malik Curtis moving to offense after the 2021 season. If that happens, then yeah the magic number is 2 for sure. Ditto on transfer casualties (that would change everything)

Advertisement
Man old boy just throws a mock out (a highly unlikely one but still) you guys gotta jump all over him...... it's a discussion board, not a notary public guys, relaxxxxxxxxxxxxxx. This place is wound tighter than Go Canes panties when Miami is 0-0 to start the season on the road to 15-0BRO!!!!!!!!!
Yeah, I can’t do that. I’ve spent 4 years making fun of UiF fan we gettin errrybody mocks on 247 so…

Yeah, I can’t do that. I’ve spent 4 years making fun of UiF fan we gettin errrybody mocks on 247 so…
Well I mean it's a stretch of course, but it's not DBC level. If anything else it gives discussion to the board, that's the point I thought?

Of course there are some old curmudgeons here that like to frown upon any thread they don't approve/start. It's the CIS way........

Advertisement
Well I mean it's a stretch of course, but it's not DBC level. If anything else it gives discussion to the board, that's the point I thought?

Of course there are some old curmudgeons here that like to frown upon any thread they don't approve/start. It's the CIS way........
You’re spewing the same gibberish again that you’ve been going with when someone has a counter opinion. I never said he couldn’t start a we gettin errrybody mock class thread.

I don’t know how to do the numbers but if someone does, I’d be interested to see how many points this would get us on 247 and where that points total would have ranked the past 3 years.

You’re spewing the same gibberish again that you’ve been going with when someone has a counter opinion. I never said he couldn’t start a we gettin errrybody mock class thread.

I don’t know how to do the numbers but if someone does, I’d be interested to see how many points this would get us on 247 and where that points total would have ranked the past 3 years.
You my boy RVA, you know I got no beef with you, you are TMOTP (The Moderator Of The People) and I have much love for ya my brethren.

Back on topic now.....It would be a Top 5 class I would assume, especially if based off average player value and not just total value in #s, but I don't really want to try to do the work on it.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I don’t get the love for Zane Durant. Can somebody explain it.

More of an athlete than he is a big body....but he has the frame to get bigger. I think he's a really good prospect for the 3T in Manny's scheme. Similar to RJ McIntosh, IMO.

So if you're looking at him as an EDGE, I get it. I don't see it. But to me, this is the kid you put weight on and you drop him inside and have him penetrate and make plays.

Here is who I think and hope we can land in this class:

QB - Jacurri Brown
Developmental QB with some crazy upside.

RB - none as we landed Cody Brown

WR - Quan Lee
WR - Jayden Gibson
*only take 2 this year because we grabbed 4 last year and 23 is loaded

TE - Mason Taylor
This is the biggest question mark for me. Maybe getting Taylor’s kid here helps with STA??

OL - Julian Armella
OL - Malik Agbo
OL - Daughtry Richardson
This group is a tough call as well. Armella and Richardson are FsU battles, but we should win those head to head. Agbo looks like an athletic guard, but it’s a long way from Washington.

DE - Shemar Stewart
DE - Nyjalik Kelly
DT - Alton Tabor or Bear Alexander
DT - Zane Durant
would love to land Bear but I think we’re 2nd to TAM
This would be a great haul. Stewart I think would be a base end that can rush from the inside. Durant is an explosive penetrating DT that will need some development. Kelly is a beast as well.

LB - Wesley Bissainthe
LB - Demario Tolan
LB - Devon Jackson
This would be an explosive LB group. We need to start landing studs at this position and I like all 3. Wesley is a monster and DJ ran a 10.51 100m!!!

Str - Sherod Covil
S - Kamari Wilson
S - Markeith Williams
CB - Khamauri Rogers
CB - Chris Graves
CB - Trequan Fegans or Jacolby Spells
I think we have an outside chance with Kamari - our stacked room may scare off guys looking to be done in 3. Markeith and Covil are studs though. If we can land 3 or all 4 of these CB’s we can crown DVD and TRob.
My takes based on today:
Offensively:
- I love Gibson but just have a bad feeling he's UF bound. Hope I'm wrong because he would fit so well in our room.
- Don't think we get Armella.
- Mason Taylor? Need to see it on the field with him. Would rather have him as a plan B or second TE for the class.
- My guess is we see a few more offensive lineman names pop up and have a class of 4 total.

Defensively:
- Kelly just feels FSU bound but I hope we change his mind after they ****e the bed this season.
- Doubt we go that heavy at safety/striker... my guess is one or two of Covil, Wilson, Williams.
- Honestly, the rest of the defensive class I feel pretty good about.

New names will pop up and some guys will cool on us or vice versa but the staff has narrowed their board which is great.

You my boy RVA, you know I got no beef with you, you are TMOTP (The Moderator Of The People) and I have much love for ya my brethren.

Back on topic now.....It would be a Top 5 class I would assume, especially if based off average player value and not just total value in #s, but I don't really want to try to do the work on it.
Lol. I’m one of the old people. Gotta be a top 5 class. Some of those kids are going to rise as well like Chris Graves and Kelly. I might try to figure out how they calculate it and do it.

More of an athlete than he is a big body....but he has the frame to get bigger. I think he's a really good prospect for the 3T in Manny's scheme. Similar to RJ McIntosh, IMO.

So if you're looking at him as an EDGE, I get it. I don't see it. But to me, this is the kid you put weight on and you drop him inside and have him penetrate and make plays.
This kid is 6,2 250. RJ was 6’5.

Advertisement
Would be an amazing class. While we may not get all of those names, I do feel like our boards make sense now, and we'll get some solid Plan Bs if needed. I also think new national elite names will emerge with a strong season.

Advertisement
Lol. I’m one of the old people. Gotta be a top 5 class. Some of those kids are going to rise as well like Chris Graves and Kelly. I might try to figure out how they calculate it and do it.
Just did the recruiting math lol

Total score is 284.92 - 7th highest for 2021

Avg recruit score is 92.91 - 6th highest for 2021

Now, this includes Bear Alexander and Fegans (the “or’s) since they are the higher rated recruits.

Just did the recruiting math lol

Total score is 284.92 - 7th highest for 2021

Avg recruit score is 92.91 - 6th highest for 2021

Now, this includes Bear Alexander and Fegans (the “or’s) since they are the higher rated recruits.

National team recruiting rankings should be looked at mostly for a directional sense of program success. That 2021 class was ranked 11th on 247's Composite team rankings, and I believe it will end up in the Top 5 looked back on 5-6 years from now.

Advertisement
Back