Early Summer Mock 22 Class

sstcane

Sophomore
Premium
Here is who I think and hope we can land in this class:

QB - Jacurri Brown
Developmental QB with some crazy upside.

RB - none as we landed Cody Brown

WR - Quan Lee
WR - Jayden Gibson
*only take 2 this year because we grabbed 4 last year and 23 is loaded

TE - Mason Taylor
This is the biggest question mark for me. Maybe getting Taylor’s kid here helps with STA??

OL - Julian Armella
OL - Malik Agbo
OL - Daughtry Richardson
This group is a tough call as well. Armella and Richardson are FsU battles, but we should win those head to head. Agbo looks like an athletic guard, but it’s a long way from Washington.

DE - Shemar Stewart
DE - Nyjalik Kelly
DT - Alton Tabor or Bear Alexander
DT - Zane Durant
would love to land Bear but I think we’re 2nd to TAM
This would be a great haul. Stewart I think would be a base end that can rush from the inside. Durant is an explosive penetrating DT that will need some development. Kelly is a beast as well.

LB - Wesley Bissainthe
LB - Demario Tolan
LB - Devon Jackson
This would be an explosive LB group. We need to start landing studs at this position and I like all 3. Wesley is a monster and DJ ran a 10.51 100m!!!

Str - Sherod Covil
S - Kamari Wilson
S - Markeith Williams
CB - Khamauri Rogers
CB - Chris Graves
CB - Trequan Fegans or Jacolby Spells
I think we have an outside chance with Kamari - our stacked room may scare off guys looking to be done in 3. Markeith and Covil are studs though. If we can land 3 or all 4 of these CB’s we can crown DVD and TRob.

Advertisement
Great class but we only land about half of them
Have to agree with that based on what we think we "know" now. As an example, I wouldn't bet on any of that OL group. Hope I'm wrong, but wouldn't bet.

Cannot agree with any plan (WR above) that says we lay off a position this year, in whole or primary part, because talent in the area is "loaded next year". We, maybe more than any other program in the country, have been burned by such "strategy" before. It only works if you then pull that talent the next year, and that has not worked out for us.

Advertisement
I like Tawfiq as the 2nd DT with Alton Taber. The Bear coming to Miami for an all expenses paid vacation. I think we get Rodgers, Graves and Spells at CB. Markeith Williams at S.
OL- I like Agbo, Falentha Carswell and Armella/Richardson (both iffy)

I like Tawfiq as the 2nd DT with Alton Taber. The Bear coming to Miami for an all expenses paid vacation. I think we get Rodgers, Graves and Spells at CB. Markeith Williams at S.
OL- I like Agbo, Falentha Carswell and Armella/Richardson (both iffy)
The Carswell kid, holy ****, talk about untapped potential. Great find early on, hopefully the bag brigade don't sway him.

Advertisement
If we don't land any o-line men then justice is bustice 🤣😅🤣 but as for the other our staff is in great position to land them.. cause you got ubgay got a lot going on with their recruits that left ubgay gonna have at least 2 more kids leave lol.. not worried about fswho they kids already flirting with other schools

Leaves 3 open spots for portal and addresses all major needs. I like it OP, well done!

Not in love with taking 2 WRs and running an Air Raid type system w/Lashlee but my guess is that with '23 being out of this world we'd just take 4 from that class. IMO we still take 3 WRs but it still leaves 2 portal spots in places that the coaches deem we need to get older at.

Advertisement
Leaves 3 open spots for portal and addresses all major needs. I like it OP, well done!

Not in love with taking 2 WRs and running an Air Raid type system w/Lashlee but my guess is that with '23 being out of this world we'd just take 4 from that class. IMO we still take 3 WRs but it still leaves 2 portal spots in places that the coaches deem we need to get older at.

I wouldn't mind it.

Obviously assuming there are no transfers, taking 2 in 2022 leaves your 2023 roster with:

4th year Keyshawn Smith
4th year Xavier Restrepo
4th year Mike Redding III
4th year Daz Worsham
3rd year Mello Brinson
3rd year Jacolby George
3rd year Brashard Smith
2nd year 2022 recruit
2nd year 2022 recruit
Probably 3+ 2023 true freshmen

And then maybe a 5th year Jeremiah Payton, but let's be honest if he's still here in 2023 he probably is a total bust.
Malik Curtis? If he winds up on offense

So you're talking about a WR room probably 11-12 deep. Should be fine.

I think one safety & one striker is gonna be firm from a numbers perspective. Two WR's is adequate considering our depth & 2023 local receiver class is insane. Three o lineman is good if they're the right ones. Take as many d ends & tackles as we can get. I'd kill to get the linebacker group posted here but realistically any combo of 2/3 would still be good. And as for corner, in T Rob/DVD I trust, looking good for Graves & Khamauri = may bueno.

Advertisement
If we don't land any o-line men then justice is bustice 🤣😅🤣 but as for the other our staff is in great position to land them.. cause you got ubgay got a lot going on with their recruits that left ubgay gonna have at least 2 more kids leave lol.. not worried about fswho they kids already flirting with other schools
lame GIF

@TheOriginalCane - is this a GatorFanMeth level mock class???
Man old boy just throws a mock out (a highly unlikely one but still) you guys gotta jump all over him...... it's a discussion board, not a notary public guys, relaxxxxxxxxxxxxxx. This place is wound tighter than Go Canes panties when Miami is 0-0 to start the season on the road to 15-0BRO!!!!!!!!!

Advertisement
Back