DL Artavius Jones
RB Jordan Lyle
DB Ryan Mack
DB Romanas Frederique
EDGE Booker Pickett Jr.
EDGE Elias Rudolph
OL Juan Minaya
DL Daylen Russell
NGL, you want as many kids early as possible, and we have a bunch; but wish all those OL & DL were EE's.

Advertisement
Early Enrollee
EDGE Marquise Lightfoot
DL Armondo Blount
S Zaquan Patterson
WR Ny Carr
WR Joshisa Trader
LB Adarius Hayes
TE Elija Lofton
LB Cameron Pruitt
OL Markel Bell
OL Deryc Plazz
DB Dylan Day
DB Isaiah Thomas
QB Judd Anderson
EDGE Cole McConathy
RB Chris Wheatley-Humphrey
OL Nino Francavilla
K Abram Murray
Transfer DT C.J. Clark
Transfer DT Marley Cook
Transfer C Zach Carpenter
Transfer S Savion Riley

Summer Enrollee
DL Justin Scott
WR Chance Robinson
DL Artavius Jones
RB Jordan Lyle
DB Ryan Mack
DB Romanas Frederique
EDGE Booker Pickett Jr.
EDGE Elias Rudolph
OL Juan Minaya
DL Daylen Russell
@RVACane

Can we get this pinned? Would be a good list to be able to reference when needed.

Advertisement
So Chaminade doesn’t have the same early grad restrictions as STA/Gibbons/etc do?

Scott and Jones would have been nice to have EE

Scott was being doubled all UA AA game long and it showed. He tired out. Needs some S&C before he’ll see significant playing time. Jones is one of the strongest kids on roster the moment he hits campus. I think he’s the most likely to contribute for 2024. He could have fought for immediate reps if he had come early.

Advertisement
Under the radar:

Huge getting McConathy in early. At 6-5, 235lbs, he's gonna put on weight quick. Which will get him on the field early. He reminds me a lot of Braiden McCregor for Michigan. Can't wait to see how he progresses with JT.
Getting McConathy and Lightfoot in early is absolutely huge! With Kelly being injury prone it makes it even more significant. I'm expecting to see Kelly and Wayne both to take a big step in their development this year and having two monsters like Lightfoot and McConathy coming in hungry for playing time will only make us better. Having a likely preseason AA in Reuben Bain at one DE and a battle tested senior like Mesidor at the other DE spot gives the younger kids a little room to grow and develop. I love where we are going in building this DL. We need to add another class to stack on top of this one but we are off to a great start. We can't forget Elias Rudolph who I think has a huge upside. I always forget Blount because I'm not sure if he starts out at DE but I'm fairly certain that Blount is a future DT here.

So Chaminade doesn’t have the same early grad restrictions as STA/Gibbons/etc do?
Didn’t Chaminade basically re-tool to become a feeder for athletes i.e. the new semi- pro? They’re doing everything they can to get the new batch of athletes financially lined up.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Scott was being doubled all UA AA game long and it showed. He tired out. Needs some S&C before he’ll see significant playing time. Jones is one of the strongest kids on roster the moment he hits campus. I think he’s the most likely to contribute for 2024. He could have fought for immediate reps if he had come early.
Jones still may fight for immediate reps but it will be more difficult. After reading your post I started to think about how our DL might look next year in 2025. That line has a chance to be a vintage Canes DL but I don’t want to get ahead of myself lol. This years DL has the potential to be very good but a few things need to happen. If Kelly and Wayne can both take the next step along with Horton and Moten then we’ll be cooking with grease because improvement from those 4 will solidify our depth which will make us so much better.

Then we need Mesidor to stay healthy and for Bain to be Bain. We also have DE Elijah Alston coming in to try to carve out a role rushing the passer. Hopefully CJ Clark will fill role LT had which I think he will and for JHH to have his best year as a Hurricane which isn’t a stretch when you think about how well Harrison-Hunte has played under Guidry. Marley Cook will also have every opportunity to earn pt by having a great spring.

Finally we have we have 7 freshmen who make up the best DL class in the nation and many of them will be vying for playing time this season. However earning pt as a true freshman will become increasingly difficult at Miami as Mario Cristobal and staff continue to stack talent with no evidence of slowing down.

Regardless of the level of competition, DE Marquise Lightfoot is talented enough to crack the rotation this year. At 6’5” 225 lbs Lightfoot possesses the explosiveness, athleticism, agility, first step, bend, nose for the football, pursuit ability and closing burst that you see in all the great ones. If Lightfoot can get his weight up to 235-240 by the start of the season it would be ideal. Lightfoot is already enrolled and on campus and will benefit greatly from being an EE.

With a few positive developments and some well deserved luck in terms of staying healthy, this 2024 DL could be very good and maybe even better. With the return of Kiko Mauigoa alongside Wes Bissianthe and all the other young great talent at LB who were mostly true freshmen last year, this entire front seven could be one of the best we have seen in quite some time. I’m very excited at all the potential and all the possibilities. Spring is coming and tis the season to drink the Koolaid! I’m chugging it!

Who are they?

Maude Edit: Per @Gru below:

Early Enrollee
EDGE Marquise Lightfoot
DL Armondo Blount
S Zaquan Patterson
WR Ny Carr
WR Joshisa Trader
LB Adarius Hayes
TE Elija Lofton
LB Cameron Pruitt
OL Markel Bell
OL Deryc Plazz
DB Dylan Day
DB Isaiah Thomas
QB Judd Anderson
EDGE Cole McConathy
RB Chris Wheatley-Humphrey
OL Nino Francavilla
K Abram Murray
Transfer DT C.J. Clark
Transfer DT Marley Cook
Transfer C Zach Carpenter
Transfer S Savion Riley

Summer Enrollee
DL Justin Scott
WR Chance Robinson
DL Artavius Jones
RB Jordan Lyle
DB Ryan Mack
DB Romanas Frederique
EDGE Booker Pickett Jr.
EDGE Elias Rudolph
OL Juan Minaya
DL Daylen Russell
That my friends is what you call an infusion of talent. Especially the EEs who will participate in Spring. I mean that is an absolute krapload of foccing talent!

Advertisement
Back