Early assessment of incoming class( includes transfers)

D

deleted4920

Disclaimer: This wont take into account who we DIDNT get but tried to get and should have gotten and lost out on, etc. Lets discuss who ACTUALLY in the real world will be a Cane this year that we added.

To keep things light, lets go with a soccer scoring system- 3 points for a win, 1 for a draw, 0 for a loss. Obviously this is entirely subjective, but whatever.

QB:

Martell and Matocha. To me this is an easy 3 points. Great haul.

Punter- 3 stars. Another win. Given that hes not Feagles.

RB- Martin= 1 point. A draw. Only one guy, didn't need more, and hes a stud. But to be conservative.

TE- Hodges. Hmmm....1 point? Versatile kid.

O line: I give us the full 3 points here. 4 incoming guys, Kennedy supposed to be plug and play, love J Clarks fire.

D line: I go 3 points here again. 6 total players, 2 at DE and 4 big boys at DT, with a transfer mixed in there so he has experience. EDIT- added T. Hill. An easy 3 here.

LB- 1 point? Huff and Brooks, nice, but I think we needed at least one more maybe?

WR- 3 points. Only got 2 guys but Paytons a true cane and Osborn fills in well with experience. Could go to one point bc of numbers? ( Thomas returning is a judgment call here given that he is " incoming" but was here. If you add him its an easy call- 3 points).

DB- 3 points. Love all 4 signings. Smith, Couch and Williams are all stone cold ballers. EDIT- And Bolden. EASY 3 points here.

Fire away!

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
Disclaimer: This wont take into account who we DIDNT get but tried to get and should have gotten and lost out on, etc. Lets discuss who ACTUALLY in the real world will be a Cane this year that we added.

To keep things light, lets go with a soccer scoring system- 3 points for a win, 1 for a draw, 0 for a loss. Obviously this is entirely subjective, but whatever.

QB:

RB- Martin= 1 point. A draw. Only one guy, didn't need more, and hes a stud. But to be conservative.

O line: I give us the full 3 points here. 4 incoming guys, Kennedy supposed to be plug and play, love J Clarks fire.

D line: I go 3 points here again. 6 total players, 2 at DE and 4 big boys at DT, with a transfer mixed in there so he has experience.

LB- 1 point? Huff and Brooks, nice, but I think we needed at least one more maybe?

WR- 3 points. Only got 2 guys but Paytons a true cane and Osborn fills in well with experience. Could go to one point bc of numbers?

DB- 3 points. Love all 3 signings. Smith, Couch and Williams are all stone cold ballers.

Fire away!

You could technically add J. Thomas to the WRs

Advertisement

QB:

D line: I go 3 points here again. 6 total players, 2 at DE and 4 big boys at DT, with a transfer mixed in there so he has experience.

WR- 3 points. Only got 2 guys but Paytons a true cane and Osborn fills in well with experience. Could go to one point bc of numbers?

DB- 3 points. Love all 3 signings. Smith, Couch and Williams are all stone cold ballers.

Fire away!
You missed Bolden.

Advertisement
Huff and Brooks will be future all American LBs. Don't sleep on them. Bonafide studs.

Yes but 3 LBs in a 2 year haul is not ideal, especially when 2 of those played mainly DE in high school and need time to adjust to a new position.

OL- FAILURE!
DE- Only OK IF Cam gets in. Hill and Phillips get us another year to find more kids. Garvin will be the next kid that could be 3 and done.

We are also going to be heading into the spring WAY below that 85 number. We need more OL!

OL recruiting was good in the sense that they got a grad transfer, and signed two true tackle types.

But the tackles are total projects and lowly rated.

It’s the only zero.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back