Early 2022 Class look. Hopefully the Top 3 make it on campus, much needed.

Advertisement
I don't follow baseball recruiting as closely as football. Are there any commits that have absolutely no shot of getting to campus?

I agree there is a culture and coaching issue here but I have to say these rankings emphasize the wrong things.

Last edited:
Advertisement
The best players will always win with the right staff, it is as simple as that man.
We need a way to get 4 or so arms that throw 95 MPH with a nasty curve and change up. 1 reliever that can throw a solid 101 MPH underhand even to switch up delivery and last maybe 2 innings.

With our hitting can't lose if they don't score. Me for hitting coach.

We need a way to get 4 or so arms that throw 95 MPH with a nasty curve and change up. 1 reliever that can throw a solid 101 MPH underhand even to switch up delivery and last maybe 2 innings.

That should get us to a super.

Funny thing is we have the 4 95 arms and still struggled.

So, our regular season record will be something like 39 wins, 0 losses, 18 ties?

Advertisement
You give me a team full of the hardest throwers and highest OPS guys and I will kick your ***, you can keep Billy from the Ozarks and his 84 mph four seam fastball and Jim Bobs scrapiness and hustle and .297 OBP.

I'll take Kumar Rocker, Al Leiter Jr and Kevin Kopps and no hit Jim Bob while he never puts a ball in play. Meanwhile Billy will see guys like Nelson, Jung and Fabian hit balls further than his sister-wive lives away from him.

Talent is talent, it wins in the long haul when properly used.

Last edited:
I agree their is a culture and coaching issue here but I have to say these rankings emphasize the wrong things.
They emphasize tools. Same way with the draft. It’s up to the coaches and the organizations to make them into great players.

You can’t teach what the top prospects have.

Advertisement
Why does it have to be one or the other? Is it really that difficult to find 17 year old kids with "tools" AND also happen to understand the game of baseball

Advertisement
Why does it have to be one or the other? Is it really that difficult to find 17 year old kids with "tools" AND also happen to understand the game of baseball
It does not have to be on or the other, but given the choice give me the elite talent hitter/thrower and TEACH him rather than give me the hustle/knowledge guy who for all his hustle/knowledge can never compete talent wise.

Imagine guys like ADC/Morales/Toral/Gil under a Tim Corbin type coach, you think this regression happens to them?

It does not have to be on or the other, but given the choice give me the elite talent hitter/thrower and TEACH him rather than give me the hustle/knowledge guy who for all his hustle/knowledge can never compete talent wise.

Imagine guys like ADC/Morales/Toral/Gil under a Tim Corbin type coach, you think this regression happens to them?
I don't, which is where my problem with Gino begins. 1 player regressing is an outlier, 2 is a coincidence. But half a roster of players that not only have not improved but have regressed significantly is absurd at this level

There are enough baseball players in America who have tools AND desire AND baseball intelligence that we shouldn’t be forced to take guys who have to learn the game. We used to find those guys. Now we call the local travel ball coaches to see who they’re selling.

You can take the guy who can hit it 600 feet but who has no baseball sense. I’ll carve you up with my 87 mph guy who knows how to pitch.

Advertisement
Back