Early 2021 Class Projection

3 WR sounds about right especially since we took 4 last cycle and only lose 1 after 2020. OL, CB, LB are the priorities.
When I see the number of wide receivers we've pulled in since 2017...

2020: 4 signees
2019: 1 signee
2018: 4 signees
2017: 3 signees

...how on earth did Larry Coker only bring in 5 wide receivers in four years?

Advertisement
When I see the number of wide receivers we've pulled in since 2017...

2020: 4 signees
2019: 1 signee
2018: 4 signees
2017: 3 signees

...how on earth did Larry Coker only bring in 5 wide receivers in four years?
**** did he really? I had no idea.

QB
Texas QB (Davis or Milroe or Other)

RB
Thad Franklin

OL
Laurence Seymore
Michael McLaughlin
Ryan Rodriguez
Late Bloomer OT

WR
Malik Nabers
Jacolby George
Romello Brinson
Jaden Alexis

TE
Kahlil Brantley
Elijah Arroyo

K
Andres Borregales

Defense

DE
Jabari Ishmael
Sebastian Sagar

DT
Allen Haye
Savion Collins

LB
Tyler Johnson
Ja’Corey Hammett
Jaydon Hood

CB
Tim Burns, Jr.
Malik Curtis
Tar’varish Dawson

S
Kamren Kinchens
Jardin Gilbert
Not taking 2 Safeties....insert WR Brooks for WR Nabers (just don't trust a high level recruit these days from LA not to stay in SEC...not yet anyway)...even though I'd take Brooks over Nabers all day long. We'd take 5 WRs before we take 2 Safeties. If Nabers is in, we'd be taking 5WR this class, which is possible IMO. Our WR numbers are low, give an injury here or there and we'd be in trouble...especially opening the '21 season with Bama.

Advertisement
Yul wouldn’t be a take in that class. Ivins said that he believes Yul is behind Jaden for the slot spot which also makes me think we’re taking only 3 WR’s

No chance we take both? Seem like players with very different skill sets

Yul wouldn’t be a take in that class. Ivins said that he believes Yul is behind Jaden for the slot spot which also makes me think we’re taking only 3 WR’s
I thought he was top tier. I remembered hearing his name on this board the past 10 years, lol.

Advertisement
**** did he really? I had no idea.
Yep. It's one of the primary reasons the Canes fell apart. They stopped being configured to run a Coker offense by virtue of sheer lack of numbers, and would have been better suited to run a triple option attack. At one point in the spring they had to convert a CB and punter to wide receiver to provide numbers.

Yep. It's one of the primary reasons the Canes fell apart. They stopped being configured to run a Coker offense by virtue of sheer lack of numbers, and would have been better suited to run a triple option attack. At one point in the spring they had to convert a CB and punter to wide receiver to provide numbers.
Right I know they converted Monroe. Who was the CB?

Advertisement
Based on recent history Leigh has to be a pipe dream at this point.

*5 star OOS with all the big dogs after him, I'll believe it when I actually see it.

25 total

QB
Aaron McLaughlin

RB
Thad Franklin

OL
Laurence Seymore
Michael McLaughlin
Ryan Rodriguez
Tristan Leigh

WR
Malik Nabers
Jaden Alexis
Yulkeith Brown
Romello Brinson

TE
Kahlil Brantley
Elijah Arroyo

K
Andres Borregales

Defense

DL
Allen Haye
Savion Collins
Chamon Metayer
Jabari Ishmael

LB
Tyler Johnson
Ja’Corey Hammett
Jaydon Hood
Chase Smith

CB
Tim Burns, Jr.
Malik Curtis
Tar’varish Dawson

S
Kamren Kinchens

Made this list based on what I’ve been reading.. not an insider by any means.
Honestly don’t know what’s happening at QB, McLaughlin seems to be the best shot at this point. Would love to see Milroe, could depend on how the season goes with King.

Tristan Leigh is a bit of a reach but so far I like Justice as a recruiter.

WRs are predicated on how our offense performs this season. Would love to see Jacorey Brooks in there if things go right.

Not sure if Collins sticks but with recent news (brashard smith decommit, recent transfers) who knows. Given what I’ve read about Leonard Taylor in the past, I think a good season could give him something to think about. Seems like a cane fan, might just need a reason. If we ball out, think we can put a dent in the Palmetto-Hova-UF bs

I like Chase Smith on defense at LB but I know theres a difference in opinion. Hope we grab him in the end regardless

The numbers might be off, we could only be taking 23 this cycle. Would love some clarification on that.

What y’all think?

Never go full ****** Gaytor Fan Meth...

Advertisement
I get this feeling if our offense is successful, and we get Wiggins, and Pope to catch north of 40 catches, they will be heading to the league.
These kids don't seemed to get it. I think we are looking at more than 3 WR's. Remenber in the Coker years we used to run our punter Monroe with the WR's because we were so short on bodies. Folks give Kyle Wright lots of grief, but they sure didn't help him much.

No chance we take both? Seem like players with very different skill sets
I think if we had camps then maybe. Yul shot from 5’6 - 5’7 to 5’10 so there’s a chance he could 6’0 - 6’1 now. I don’t see anything other than a slot guy if he doesn’t grow a bit. He‘s used more as a weapon than a full blown WR.

I suspect all of this will look greatly different after we win 11.

I expect the QBs to remain the same. There will be plenty of kids de-committing between now and the end of the regular season.

We might be able to pull a 2021 equivalent of Lingard, Haselwood, or Avantae Williams (in terms of being highly rated) at the last minute and I won’t discount that.

Im expecting Miami with King to go win no less than 10. We’ve never had a QB this great before and we finally do.

I suspect our recruiting board is going to change quite a bit. I haven’t paid attention to the 21 kids yet but whoever is committed to schools and are flaky is who we need to be after as well.

Advertisement
Back