Earl Timberlake

fraggle

Senile Senior
Wow, this kid is going to be fun to watch. Can't wait to see Lykes, Wong and Earl Timberlake on the floor. Earl Timberlake moves like a good to great NBA player. Wish Waardenburg had not gotten hurt, he would've made a difference.

Advertisement
Timberlake certainly has talent. He simply needs to slowdown and play the game in front of him. There's a saying, "let the game come to you"

Before we start projecting him to be a star, understand that even though he's a freshman, Timberlake is actually older than Wong, Beverly and Walker. ****, he's older than some college juniors.

He's an explosive and fluid athlete, so in that sense he projects well, but one of the reasons he looks good for a freshman is because he should be sophomore.

Advertisement
Very quick for his size and his handle is on point. Based on physical dominance I can see him leaving after this year. Would be awesome if he stayed one more year though.

Before we start projecting him to be a star, understand that even though he's a freshman, Timberlake is actually older than Wong, Beverly and Walker. ****, he's older than some college juniors.

He's an explosive and fluid athlete, so in that sense he projects well, but one of the reasons he looks good for a freshman is because he should be sophomore.
I did not know this. But having said that, Beverly isn't getting any better right now. He has actually regressed. He can't shoot and is 1-2 offensive fouls a game. Walker is just clumsy and doesnt have a high bball IQ. Wong on the other hand, has learned his strengths and is playing well. Still needs a jumper though.

I did not know this. But having said that, Beverly isn't getting any better right now. He has actually regressed. He can't shoot and is 1-2 offensive fouls a game. Walker is just clumsy and doesnt have a high bball IQ. Wong on the other hand, has learned his strengths and is playing well. Still needs a jumper though.
You can't complain with Walker's production even if he is a bit out of control at times. Back to back double doubles

Advertisement
You can't complain with Walker's production even if he is a bit out of control at times. Back to back double doubles
Agreed......there has been improvement for sure. Dont know if its just getting minutes or actual improvement but we'll see.

You should probably wait until after the season to determine if Harlond has actually regressed. They have played 6 of 25 regular season games and your opinion is based on a small sample size.
Outside of not making 3s and some poorly timed turnovers, he is actually stuffing the stat sheet.

Advertisement
He was appropriately utilized last year, mostly because he had no clue what he was doing. He's improved significantly, but he's still got a long way to go.
Last season was a complete throw away. Walker should've been played more so he had experience entering this season. We all knew how limited Sam was, yet he played 30+ minutes every night when the season was already a waste.

Walker is getting more confident in every game. He is giving us an effective big who can shoot the 3, play inside and rebound. I like where his game is going.

Nysier Brooks is the guy who is really disappointing to me. Doesn't have any touch around the basket. He's shooting 44% as a center!! He's an ok rim protector but his overall presence doesn't seem to move the needle much in our front court. JAG

Walker is getting more confident in every game. He is giving us an effective big who can shoot the 3, play inside and rebound. I like where his game is going.

Nysier Brooks is the guy who is really disappointing to me. Doesn't have any touch around the basket. He's shooting 44% as a center!! He's an ok rim protector but his overall presence doesn't seem to move the needle much in our front court. JAG
I agree, I have been underwhelmed by Brooks. He is a fair defender as you mentioned (not a dominant force but not a pushover like Miller) but his offensive game has been terrible. Not only is he bricking a bunch of post shots, he has 1 assist and 10 turnovers thru 6 games.

Advertisement
You could tell from game one Brooks is a stiff on the offensive block. Old Man Miller has more finesse then Brooks

You could tell from game one Brooks is a stiff on the offensive block. Old Man Miller has more finesse then Brooks

I am not the type of guy to say I told you so but I remember mentioning when Brooks transferred to Miami, his numbers and highlights suggested he was equivalent to Rodney Miller.
Granted it is a small sample size and he could turn it around. I think Miami needs to go center by committee with Brook and Miller. Their combined efforts should total a double double.

Advertisement
Back