Earl Little Jr. 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Does he want to stay in the south or does he want to go to the south ...

Would be great to see what T-Rob can do with Blades and Tyrique this year. Could easily be one of the most formidable corner duos in the acc at least, and help us in the developing corners argument.

Advertisement
bama, but dont get butt hurt in december or feb when he throws down our hat.

IF we beat bama, it'd be interesting but ive seen these recruits excuse every loss from a team they like but crush miami in the same scenario.

Advertisement
Once we blow Bama out if he still goes there, then he was never coming here.
One can dream... I would be happy if we win a nail biter in 2OT while having 2 heart attacks during the game... If we blow out bama that would be probably the start of a special year.

Problem is our evals been bad we haven't got the right ones. People keep saying developed and Surtain or Patrick Peterson would be the same at UM

I don’t know about that, although Surtain and Peterson would’ve still been 1st round picks at Miami, our view of their talent level is based off what we’ve seen them do while being developed at Bama and LSU. Even though Artie Burns was a 1st round pick at Miami you don’t think he would’ve been a better cb at Bama?... compared to UM under D’onofrio and Paul Williams?

I don’t know about that, although Surtain and Peterson would’ve still been 1st round picks at Miami, our view of their talent level is based off what we’ve seen them do while being developed at Bama and LSU. Even though Artie Burns was a 1st round pick at Miami you don’t think he would’ve been a better cb at Bama?... compared to UM under D’onofrio and Paul Williams?
Oh yeah cause bama front seven is loaded them back end guys don't really have to do much. Yea in doritos scheme no one could be good and they even got a kid drafted in the first. Then u have Diaz take over and make a kid like Mike Jackson look like a first rounder but his talent wasn't first round...the scouts exposed that quick. First round will get u paid though. Enough of the elite players with great evals of those elites we should be fine but we need the guy that can beat out a Saban in the living room. And tbh no one can maybe if they would of hired Butch instead of Richt they would of had a shot by now. Who knows....he was good at keeping kids home with our logo.

Advertisement
Bama 247 has a feature story on Little this morning...

Alabama recruits South Florida better than most, and will work to continue its prowess in the Sunshine State in the class of 2022 with four-star cornerback Earl Little Jr. on the radar out of Fort Lauderdale (Fla.) American Heritage.

“I hear from them quite a lot,” Little Jr. told BamaOnLine. “I’m apparently their top DB in ’22. That’s what I’ve been hearing, too.”

New running backs coach Robert Gillespie is the area recruiter in South Florida now, replacing Charles Huff.

“I call him Coach G,” Little said. “He calls me, checks up on the fam, asks me what I’m doing, how my week’s been, what I did in practice and stuff like that. So our relationship is pretty tight. He’s a cool dude. I enjoy talking to him every time we get to talk.”

New corners coach Jay Valai has filled in in place of Karl Scott.

“That’s my boy, too,” Little said of Valai. “We talk a lot, too. I knew of him at Texas, but now that Bama is recruiting me and he’s their new cornerbacks coach, I’ve gotten to speak to him and stuff like that. We’ve been building our relationship.”

As a top target Little spends plenty of time talking to Nick Saban as well.

“Every time we get on the phone he’ll ask me how’s the fam and stuff like that, what I’m doing, what I’m weighing, what I’m working on,” Little said. “We’ll talk football, too, like the coverages, what they run at Bama, how they’ll play me, different techniques he teaches, little stuff like that.”

Patrick Surtain II’s dad is Little’s head coach at American Heritage. The Miami legacy recruit says having those connections with UA helps getting to know more about the program.

“Little Pat said he loved it. So I’m looking forward to (asking him more about it). I haven’t asked him too much in detail what goes on over there and stuff like that. Me and Pat are tight,” Little said. “It helps Bama from the same area I’m from. Florida boy going to Tuscaloosa, Alabama. That does have a great influence on me and my recruitment towards Alabama.”

Little says he’s also close with Dallas Turner, Josh Jobe, and Jordan Battle, all from South Florida.

The All-American corner doesn’t plan to make a decision until National Signing Day next year. But you can count on UA being in the mix until the end.

“You know, the development,” Little said of the Tide. “I like what they do with their DBs. I like how they process their DBs. You see how their DBs turn out every year. I’d like to be a part of that.”

Little has a couple of official visit dates set, one to Florida on June 4-6 and another to USC June 11-13. Alabama is in the mix for one of the last three. He’s already been to Tuscaloosa twice.

“At this point I do have a few leaders,” Little said, adding he’ll keep them to himself for now. “But Alabama is definitely up there.”

You know at some point, i would like some players to come along with a little pride. A little self motivation, someone who has some self moxy that says I don't have to do what everyone else does. Someone who swims against the current. Someone that thinks, you know what Alabama is boring. The same schools in the playoffs every year is boring. I am going to stay home for the area that raised me, that I can spend life after football here. I imagine the trips Surtain would make going to Tuscaloosa the next 30-40 years you could count on one hand.

Advertisement
You know at some point, i would like some players to come along with a little pride. A little self motivation, someone who has some self moxy that says I don't have to do what everyone else does. Someone who swims against the current. Someone that thinks, you know what Alabama is boring. The same schools in the playoffs every year is boring. I am going to stay home for the area that raised me, that I can spend life after football here. I imagine the trips Surtain would make going to Tuscaloosa the next 30-40 years you could count on one hand.
This. Makes you appreciate the Leonard Taylor's and James Williams of the world.

Bama 247 has a feature story on Little this morning...

Alabama recruits South Florida better than most, and will work to continue its prowess in the Sunshine State in the class of 2022 with four-star cornerback Earl Little Jr. on the radar out of Fort Lauderdale (Fla.) American Heritage.

“I hear from them quite a lot,” Little Jr. told BamaOnLine. “I’m apparently their top DB in ’22. That’s what I’ve been hearing, too.”

New running backs coach Robert Gillespie is the area recruiter in South Florida now, replacing Charles Huff.

“I call him Coach G,” Little said. “He calls me, checks up on the fam, asks me what I’m doing, how my week’s been, what I did in practice and stuff like that. So our relationship is pretty tight. He’s a cool dude. I enjoy talking to him every time we get to talk.”

New corners coach Jay Valai has filled in in place of Karl Scott.

“That’s my boy, too,” Little said of Valai. “We talk a lot, too. I knew of him at Texas, but now that Bama is recruiting me and he’s their new cornerbacks coach, I’ve gotten to speak to him and stuff like that. We’ve been building our relationship.”

As a top target Little spends plenty of time talking to Nick Saban as well.

“Every time we get on the phone he’ll ask me how’s the fam and stuff like that, what I’m doing, what I’m weighing, what I’m working on,” Little said. “We’ll talk football, too, like the coverages, what they run at Bama, how they’ll play me, different techniques he teaches, little stuff like that.”

Patrick Surtain II’s dad is Little’s head coach at American Heritage. The Miami legacy recruit says having those connections with UA helps getting to know more about the program.

“Little Pat said he loved it. So I’m looking forward to (asking him more about it). I haven’t asked him too much in detail what goes on over there and stuff like that. Me and Pat are tight,” Little said. “It helps Bama from the same area I’m from. Florida boy going to Tuscaloosa, Alabama. That does have a great influence on me and my recruitment towards Alabama.”

Little says he’s also close with Dallas Turner, Josh Jobe, and Jordan Battle, all from South Florida.

The All-American corner doesn’t plan to make a decision until National Signing Day next year. But you can count on UA being in the mix until the end.

“You know, the development,” Little said of the Tide. “I like what they do with their DBs. I like how they process their DBs. You see how their DBs turn out every year. I’d like to be a part of that.”

Little has a couple of official visit dates set, one to Florida on June 4-6 and another to USC June 11-13. Alabama is in the mix for one of the last three. He’s already been to Tuscaloosa twice.

“At this point I do have a few leaders,” Little said, adding he’ll keep them to himself for now. “But Alabama is definitely up there.”
" Little Pat said he loved it ". Well, 6 figures & a brand new Dodge Challenger tend to have that effect on an 18 y/o

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back