Off-Topic Earl DMX Simmons hospitalized from OD

Advertisement
All I'm listening to.
ALL DAY.
WHAT'S MY NAME!! That was my ****. Hooked ever since.
“ It’s dark and **** is hot “ , “ Flesh of my flesh , blood of my blood “ are my ****. The entire albums are top notch.

Even “ And there was X” was very underrated , it was a tad commercial but was really good. “ Here we go again “ and “ one more road to cross”.

You could feel his pain in his music , he was a broken soul. That’s why I loved his music so much , I felt something. Pain and emotion. I literally hit a barricade driving at 19 listening to “ It’s dark and **** is hot”. He’s the only hip hop artist that made me feel something like that and I’ve been a rap fan since a git , in the 80’s. He wasn’t some word smith but was an artist. A great one at that. Every one of his songs had a purpose and the story telling was top shelf.

Tbh i don’t care when celebrities die, I just don’t care that much about somebody I don’t know , but this one stuck with me a little. His music got me through some **** in my younger days. I guess I just had a connection with his music.

Today I listened to his first three albums while working. Maybe because I knew they were going to take him off life support.

It’s sad but we all knew what the outcome was eventually going to be , the demons were going to get him. This had to be extremely difficult for his family.

Rip.
Great post. I can definitely relate. His music got me thru hard times when serving this country and when I got out and lost not knowing what I was gonna do with my life with no direction. He had music that literally helped you they anything. Happy, sad, depressed, on some eff u ish, on some I need you God ish... man, he's a legend, dig use or not. This one really stings.

Advertisement
“ It’s dark and **** is hot “ , “ Flesh of my flesh , blood of my blood “ are my ****. The entire albums are top notch.

Even “ And there was X” was very underrated , it was a tad commercial but was really good. “ Here we go again “ and “ one more road to cross”.
I best the **** out of my old roommate in the army stealing my X is dark and **** is hot CD. That particular CD helped me in my dark times when I wanted to quit AIT and Airborne school.

I best the **** out of my old roommate in the army stealing my X is dark and **** is hot CD. That particular CD helped me in my dark times when I wanted to quit AIT and Airborne school.
You da man. Glad you stuck with it.

Loved his music. Daughter called me and told me about it which is nice a dad can enjoy the same music as his kids.

Everyone has had “ and there was x” cd stolen once in their life. Including me

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back