E. Reed as Interim HC…(gotta dream)

chef GIF by South Park
day chef GIF

Advertisement
No don't damage his image. We would turn on him too. Hire an alpha an experienced dog on the trail like Freeze
Exactly!!! I been saying this!! This fan base would treat Ed Reed 20 like Robert Knowles 20 if he was to lose 2 straight. I like to think of ER20 as one of the greatest players and him failing as a coach would diminish his image. Don’t do it ER20!

Advertisement
Could we make TRob DC, and elevate Ed to HC until the end of the season. Then Ed goes back to his old role once we hire a competent HC.

Am I crazy for thinking this could work?
Yes. I really wish people would stop thinking being a great player makes you a great coach. As a Miami and Ravens fan, Reed Lewis are my two favorite players, but that doesn’t mean either should coach. A head coach needs to be a charismatic motivator. Not in a halftime speech way, but in that he can sit in your living room and sell you and your parents a dream. He can make a team believe, really believe, in their own greatness. Make them want to practice from dusk to dawn. Make them want to work to be great more than anything in the world.

And hey, Ed could be that guy. But there’s no earthly reason to think he or Dorsey or any of those guys is the answer we’re looking for. How many great coaches can you name that were great players?

Goodness, ok let me explain. The dream part was as a means of firing Manny ASAP. I WISH we would have pulled the trigger a few weeks ago when I threw this out there. But it’s hard to do when he’s also the DC. So this was an IDEA as a means to get MD gone.

And the reason I suggested it was because it would be as an interim, to then clean house at the end of the year.

Obviously we need to clean house, obviously I do not and would not support a HC that has never even been a coordinator. The idea was way more about using an ex player in a figurehead role to finish out the year.

I’m literally saying to finish this year. UNTIL we hire a new HC. As in let him captain this ship when we can Manny. Who would you propose is the interim? Hugh Freeze is NOT coming here.
We don’t have a DC so do you let lashlee operate the season as HC/OC and who becomes the DC for the year?

I love you guys acting like I’m retarded snd you didn’t fully read the whole thing. I said dreaming because I honestly think with Manny carrying two roles that could be why they are hanging on to him. I don’t think they can come up with a responsible way to move on from him now.

I don’t think Ed will even be retained after this season when we fire Manny. So there’s no image to protect.

From a professionalism standpoint, I wouldn’t want a coach that would walk on his team mid season. So if you think we’re canning Manny tomorrow, who comes in right now to crush recruiting? You think Freeze would even publicly take the job right now? I wouldn’t even want him to it’s a crappy thing to do.

That would basically leave you with BOB… or who?
Explain to me why having Reed as HC for 3 games would be of any benefit? You can't just magically fix that defense in 3 weeks. It takes a solid year to implement a defense and in our case, more years to get the right guys in place to field a good defense. This would do nothing at all for our program.

Advertisement
Explain to me why having Reed as HC for 3 games would be of any benefit? You can't just magically fix that defense in 3 weeks. It takes a solid year to implement a defense and in our case, more years to get the right guys in place to field a good defense. This would do nothing at all for our program.
He isn’t thinking it’ll fix the D, just offering a suggestion for the interim coach.

Advertisement
Every poor ************ who clicks on this thread and reads the op will be dumber having done so. My already low IQ just dipped 10 points reading this shiit.

.... aNd dORseY for oC ... and rAY leWIs tO cOAcH tHE dEfENse ... aNd miCHaeL iRvINgSsS tO coACh tHe rECeiVERs ... aND dEViN hESteR fOr sPEciAL tEAmS!!!!! :p

If it helps get Manny gone I think it would help.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back