2024 Dylan Stewart 5* DE/Edge from DC currently commited to USCe

We're too easy right now to negatively recruit against. Maybe that's the reason to keep it hush.

I think having a top shelf recruit on campus is always positive from a branding, mojo, etc dynamic.

But I do agree that if this is the message to the media, then doofuses like Shodell and German need blocked from future opportunities. You can tell Gaby is hesitant to report and respectful of the direction. Rivals and On3....don't seem to care and get away with it.

Advertisement
It is odd that a kid that's taking 9 public visits over the next two months wanted to keep this visit quiet. But its not for us to judge. Someone wanted this visit to be silent.

I don't think it was a mistake that Hayes didn't list a visit the weekend of March 11 in his edit. Suspect that was an intentional silent visit weekend.
Yep. Had to be "silent" for a reason. Makes no sense that an uncommitted kid visiting big time programs wanted this one sealed from the public.

Maybe the kid wanted it to be silent and requested that. Maybe he wanted to "shock the world" with his commitment announcement. It really doesn't matter why it was requested, the issue is that at most schools the local media are more supportive of the team they cover. Here they wouldn't hesitate to burn it all down if it meant a few extra clicks and subscriptions.

This one thing taken alone probably means nothing at all in the grand scheme of things but it does represent the overall ******, me first culture of a lot of our media outlets. You take every advantage you can get, I rather have the media being a useful tool rather than a hindrance.

I just received a screenshot of the Canesport blurb on it. It was included in a longer article on practice notes, I believe.

They refer to him as a 4 star when he’s the #1 overall recruit via On3 rankings. Hahaha.
Does dumbass Gary know that Long Beach is further away than Washington DC??

I just received a screenshot of the Canesport blurb on it. It was included in a longer article on practice notes, I believe.

They refer to him as a 4 star when he’s the #1 overall recruit via On3 rankings. Hahaha.
Thanks. that entire paragraph is not there . I must have read it after Shodell removed it. LOL

Advertisement
We've got to be the most sensitive fan base/school when it comes to media reporting ****.

Why does this matter? Its an uncommitted 5 star visiting in March, and he's taking 10 other visits this month.

You tell me this is a kid committed elsewhere a few months out from NSD? Yea keep it quite.
people think were not gonna land him now bc the uncommitted five star is now gonna take more visits which he was already planning on doing lol. seriously, this fanbase has a lot of soft people

We're too easy right now to negatively recruit against. Maybe that's the reason to keep it hush.

I think having a top shelf recruit on campus is always positive from a branding, mojo, etc dynamic.

But I do agree that if this is the message to the media, then doofuses like Shodell and German need blocked from future opportunities. You can tell Gaby is hesitant to report and respectful of the direction. Rivals and On3....don't seem to care and get away with it.
hes not committed anywhere. its march. he was gonna take more than just this visit. hes also a five star recruit who is already getting attention from every major program on earth

people think were not gonna land him now bc the uncommitted five star is now gonna take more visits which he was already planning on doing lol. seriously, this fanbase has a lot of soft people
I don’t think anyone thinks it’s the sole reason a kid won’t commit here, but it’s annoying that your local media doesn’t respect that you’ve asked for it to be kept silent. Whatever the reason for that doesn’t matter, it’s the simple fact that the media would rather do something detrimental to the team just so they can say “hey I knew first” instead of respecting the coaches/players wish to keep it a secret.

Advertisement
Yall can argue about the merits of leaking not leaking and the impact. Dont care, he announced is other visits, what are we special. The ugly girl u hitting that u dont want your friends to know? Smh

I don’t think anyone thinks it’s the sole reason a kid won’t commit here, but it’s annoying that your local media doesn’t respect that you’ve asked for it to be kept silent. Whatever the reason for that doesn’t matter, it’s the simple fact that the media would rather do something detrimental to the team just so they can say “hey I knew first” instead of respecting the coaches/players wish to keep it a secret.
if he were a committed recruit trying to keep it secret, sure. hes uncommitted and hes visiting other schools beyond us. I find it stupid and idc who's asking to keep it quiet.

We can always boycott the dudes/websites who keep doing this. If enough people unsubcribe, unfollow, and just do not click their ****, maybe they'll get the message.
then well just be a bunch of weird old men talking on a message board w no news. like it or not we want the news

then well just be a bunch of weird old men talking on a message board w no news. like it or not we want the news
Stop exaggerating. You know **** well there is a world of difference between "no news" and not reporting the presence of 1 recruit after the staff asked to keep a lid on it.

And speak for yourself. If the staff instructs local media not to report on it, I'm fine not hearing about it. We're weird old dudes either way.

Advertisement
Stop exaggerating. You know **** well there is a world of difference between "no news" and not reporting the presence of 1 recruit after the staff asked to keep a lid on it.

And speak for yourself. If the staff instructs local media not to report on it, I'm fine not hearing about it. We're weird old dudes either way.
ill hear about it. the staff gets paid enough to figure it out at the end. this is my break from the real world lol.

I keep trying to tell everyone that those sights were made for and by fans of the SEC and front runner teams. It’s no secret that those schools get to keep all these visits secret but our school gets put on blast.
A bunch on here defending ivins. Well, Ivins knew that Romello Height visited Auburn several times and even went to a few games without letting Miami know. But somehow all the Auburn writers and Ivins managed to keep that secret.

247, rivals, and on three keep things secret for the people they’re supposed to keep it secret. But for us it’s open season.

So ask yourself, if they can keep their stuff quiet and not ours; then do you really think they’re not snitching any little recruiting nugget they can to the people they appear to be loyal to?

I keep trying to tell everyone that those sights were made for and by fans of the SEC and front runner teams. It’s no secret that those schools get to keep all these visits secret but our school gets put on blast.
A bunch on here defending ivins. Well, Ivins knew that Romello Height visited Auburn several times and even went to a few games without letting Miami know. But somehow all the Auburn writers and Ivins managed to keep that secret.

247, rivals, and on three keep things secret for the people they’re supposed to keep it secret. But for us it’s open season.

So ask yourself, if they can keep their stuff quiet and not ours; then do you really think they’re not snitching any little recruiting nugget they can to the people they appear to be loyal to?
Ivins actually didnt. he told UM coaches that something was up there and Manny didnt listen. there was a pod post NSD that year where he discussed it. no one knew height had multiple accounts until after the flip though.

Advertisement
I agree that in this day and age that it's bound to get out somehow. My biggest issue is that it's always the local media here that do this kind of stuff. If word gets out to a national site and they report it, whatever. But it feels like in Miami it's always the local beat guys that leak **** that is supposed to be secret. You think the Tuscaloosa Times are reporting on a secret visitor that Saban put a gag order on? Or in Athens? Columbus? Clemson? Just frustrating that even our own local media just seems to not mind hurting the Canes as long as they get to say they were first.
Still remember good ole Joe Rose allowing Jimbo to come on his show every Monday during the season. Drove me crazy.

Would never be allowed in Tuscaloosa.

Ivins actually didnt. he told UM coaches that something was up there and Manny didnt listen. there was a pod post NSD that year where he discussed it. no one knew height had multiple accounts until after the flip though.
Believe he actually said it publicly before ESD which prompted Romello to tweet the infamous picture of his feet laying on his bed

Believe he actually said it publicly before ESD which prompted Romello to tweet the infamous picture of his feet laying on his bed
Ivins gets a lot of hate which is funny bc this site hates everyone not named D Money. there are times when he was wrong. this one he didnt try to fool us. if Manny had listened, we would have dropped his ***. at the end of the day, he works for CBS and not UM. hes gotta do what his bosses need him to do. people gotta understand that this is a job for him and others. their job is to create content essentially.

From what I recall, He said that he heard that Romello had been visiting Auburn. But he said that he couldn’t confirm it so he didn’t say anything.
But who did he hear it from?
If he had been visiting auburn and even going to games as he also said he heard; then there is no way that not even one writer from one of these outlets didn’t know. But they kept their mouths shut.

Ray Ray came for a practice while committed to Clemson. Everyone knows Dabo don't like that sht. But he got one foot on campus and they couldn’t wait to let it out.

Romello goes on multiple visits to Auburn and attends a few games and we get wind of it the day before he flips.

The staff let dudes know not to let out that this guy was on Campus and it was out before the interviews.

That’s called Bull Sht.

Advertisement
Back