2024 Dylan Stewart 5* DE/Edge from DC currently commited to USCe

As Neil Young once said, "It's better to burn out than to fade away." I would have gone with Kiffin. Football is supposed to be entertaining. That's basically all I want now. I doubt UM ever reaches the mountain top again because of the cronyism that runs from top to bottom at UM. It's not about hiring the best, it's always about hiring the best connected. So at least with Kiffin, I would have a reason to watch games. Even losses can be entertaining. If I watch UM lose to Bama 48-45 on a last second field goal, I don't feel like I've wasted 3 hours of my life.

Basically every Cristobal coached game in 2022 was an exercise in masochism. The UM athletic department should have given gimp suits to fans willing to sit through games.

I actually felt guilty after watching UM beat UVA 14-12. I realized after watching that game that I could have spent that 3 hours playing outside with my kids and it would have been a far, far better use of my time.

So you rather be the Atlanta Hawks with Trey Young than San Antonio with Tim Duncan because it's exciting to watch? Interesting

Advertisement
Same way I don't live in Nebraska and will call it wack, or same way I don't live in Iraq yet would never want to live there. South Carolina is a bottom like 20 state. Preferable to living in Alabama? Sure.
I’ve lived in 1/2 the states in this country and a few other places outside the country. I decided to raise my kids in SC because I love it here. I’m 40 minutes from downtown Charlotte and a couple hours from Charleston, Hilton Head, and Myrtle. The people in SC are great and it didn’t cost a fortune to buy a nice house on a decent piece of property. SC is definitely not in the bottom 20.

Personally 4-5 years (same way I feel about Napier) unless he completely bottoms out which I dont see happening. If he continues to bring in top 10 classes but is Ron Zook on gameday, he’ll leave whoever is the next HC with a ready made roster.
Well you didn't have a top 10 recruiting class in 2023 and 2024 might not finish there if you guys only win 5 games. 🤷‍♂️

Personally 4-5 years (same way I feel about Napier) unless he completely bottoms out which I dont see happening. If he continues to bring in top 10 classes but is Ron Zook on gameday, he’ll leave whoever is the next HC with a ready made roster.

My original take on Mario was this. He has a ceiling as a coach, imo. To me, he’s a 10 win per year kind of coach and a stockpiler of talent. It was an easy decision to hire him.

After 5 years of talent acquisition, if he can’t break through that 10 win mark, he’ll start getting the hot seat and if he leaves, he’ll set up the next coach with a loaded roster.

Advertisement
Bull****. Y'all won't crown the man for nothing less than #6. You people are having a serious conversation about when he should be fired BEFORE the beginning of season 2... You all got no clue what Mario will do inside of 5 years and none of y'all are patient enough to let him show it. Who else y'all wanna run off. Take a **** breath people. If fans had that standard for their own personal lives they wouldn't all be so miserable on here...
I don’t think any sane person thinks Mario shouldn’t get at least 3 years. I get being patient, but this is literally a “what if” scenario.

So I’ll ask you, if Mario were to go 14-10 between 23/24, you think he should get more time with a worse record than the guy they just fired even though he’s getting paid double?

As Neil Young once said, "It's better to burn out than to fade away." I would have gone with Kiffin. Football is supposed to be entertaining. That's basically all I want now. I doubt UM ever reaches the mountain top again because of the cronyism that runs from top to bottom at UM. It's not about hiring the best, it's always about hiring the best connected. So at least with Kiffin, I would have a reason to watch games. Even losses can be entertaining. If I watch UM lose to Bama 48-45 on a last second field goal, I don't feel like I've wasted 3 hours of my life.

Basically every Cristobal coached game in 2022 was an exercise in masochism. The UM athletic department should have given gimp suits to fans willing to sit through games.

I actually felt guilty after watching UM beat UVA 14-12. I realized after watching that game that I could have spent that 3 hours playing outside with my kids and it would have been a far, far better use of my time.

Wow… you been drinking out in the sun today? Your ok with losing as long as it’s close?

Jmo but zero percent chance Mario is gone after 3 years

Less than zero
time house GIF

Advertisement
I wasn't on board with his firing I thought even though they were impatient it was going good. It just takes time sometimes.
It's crazy that these people are discussing how long Mario is going to be at Miami. He just signed an 8 year unless he falls on his face for several years he isn't going no where. He is a football coach he will bring out talent level to were it needs to be. The only question I have is can he improve his game day coaching or allow his coordinators to do their jobs efficiently.

It's crazy that these people are discussing how long Mario is going to be at Miami. He just signed an 8 year unless he falls on his face for several years he isn't going no where. He is a football coach he will bring out talent level to were it needs to be. The only question I have is can he improve his game day coaching or allow his coordinators to do their jobs efficiently.
Could be wrong but I believe he’s going into his 2nd year of a 10 year contract

Fans have zero patience and no clue about what goes into the job and all the things they fight from within and Mario prob has it the worst. ( fans, player fan boys, street agents, the pinnacle of clueless parents in the best area to recruit in the country, etc etc). On top of it all every top program coming down here to Cherry pick. Cuddle up to 7on7 guys and other things.

Watch The first time uGA loses 2 games they will start “it’s time for a change”

**** people are already saying if saban doesn’t win it this year it’s time to retire. Wait til they see what the next guy does because it’s likely impossible he even comes close to 1/5 of what Saban did for them.

Last edited:
Advertisement
There's a difference between being patient and accepting/tolerating the kinds of results we had last year. Things that happened last year have ZERO reason to happen at Miami. Clowned by MTSU? blown out by Duke? Blown out by Pitt at home on senior night? Zero touchdowns for I think 9 straight quarters?

If he had gone 7-5 or 8-4 with mostly close losses last year (which you would think is a pretty pathetic ask) the optimism/hope would be through the roof right now. But he went 5-7 with mostly blowout losses.

Mario has more equity and trust with the fans and program than any first year head coach ever and he burned the majority of it.

Now he has to earn it back by exceeding expectations in year 2.

Edit: I'm not suggesting Mario will get fired. But the fanbase is tired and restless after 20 years of underachieving and burning their time and money. If Mario can't give a sliver of hope, I think significant apathy will set in after this season and if you think our games were empty last season wait until next year if he has a 6-6/7-5 type season with a boring offense again.

What's worse than a fired coach is a coach who isn't going anywhere and everybody knows can't win a national title. With new coaches there's renewed hope and optimism. Mario lost that privilege after last season.

There's a difference between being patient and accepting/tolerating the kinds of results we had last year. Things that happened last year have ZERO reason to happen at Miami. Clowned by MTSU? blown out by Duke? Blown out by Pitt at home on senior night? Zero touchdowns for I think 9 straight quarters?

If he had gone 7-5 or 8-4 with mostly close losses last year (which you would think is a pretty pathetic ask) the optimism/hope would be through the roof right now. But he went 5-7 with mostly blowout losses.

Mario has more equity and trust with the fans and program than any first year head coach ever and he burned the majority of it.

Edit: I'm not suggesting Mario will get fired. But the fanbase is tired and restless after 20 years of underachieving and burning their time and money. If Mario can't give a sliver of hope, I think significant apathy will set in after this season and if you think our games were empty last season wait until next year if he has a 6-6/7-5 type season with a boring offense again.

What's worse than a fired coach is a coach who isn't going anywhere and everybody knows can't win a national title. With new coaches there's renewed hope and optimism. Mario lost that privilege after last season.
THIS! Like I dont get why people dont see this, imagine spending your money to attend MTSU, Duke, FSU games and the results we got, WTF?! Do people have convenient amnesia lol

reminder

He has to win 9 or 10 games for it to be a successful season. Otherwise he’s in the same category as Golden.

Advertisement
I don’t think any sane person thinks Mario shouldn’t get at least 3 years. I get being patient, but this is literally a “what if” scenario.

So I’ll ask you, if Mario were to go 14-10 between 23/24, you think he should get more time with a worse record than the guy they just fired even though he’s getting paid double?
I don't waste my energy on frivolous thought & I won't speak failure into existence. I know the task at hand, and I know there's no better man for what has to be done. Winning isn't for the weak.

He got the perfect amount of time. 3 years is the perfect sample size.

How many coaches have ever won a title after not at least winning their division first 3 years? Bet that number is very very low.
I don’t think we were set up for a coach to march in and win a title. Our facilities and title record are only remembered by the parents of recruits.

They do not realize how damaged Michigan was and we are. It takes a special X and O guy or a monster recruiter to turn it around year one. Time Saban took over Bama there was no challenges on the trail for him. Now its different it will take time, there are alot of elite recruiters out there and not enough elite players. Mario aint that special year one change everything, I dont think anyone could of done it but a Riley type. But thats my opinion we will never know for sure

Last edited:
THIS! Like I dont get why people dont see this, imagine spending your money to attend MTSU, Duke, FSU games and the results we got, WTF?! Do people have convenient amnesia lol

reminder

Most man dont go to the games. They only like to talk.

Advertisement
Back