Dykstra does not go on Vandy trip, says he's solid

View as article
His tape showed he needed technique but had that mean streak. He certainly looked better than a Loftus or Mahoney. Reminded me of Gautier tbh, and that kid is now starting for us, or first man off bench, and should be pretty good in another year or two. I get people's concern with his performance at Paradise. But lots of super talented kids struggle when they see real speed for the first time. It just means he's more of a project.

Dykstra in his profile listed his best bench press at 255 and squat 405 showing he is a natural 6-6/295. With a weight training program as a EE looks for some real gains in strength, more muscular bodyweight and naturally the coaching he will receive here.. Guy appears to be quite a way from reaching his potential.

Advertisement
"If all the great players in this area wanted to stay here, then Miami is going to be great," Searles said when asked about his current pool of targets. "But even when Miami has been great they went to a lot of different areas to get some offensive linemen. I think [Eric Winston] was from Houston and then you got guys from New Jersey and places like that. We feel like Miami has as much tradition on the offensive line as anybody with guys going to the league, winning championships and getting a great education. So we feel like we can recruit anybody in the country."

"just because there might be confidence in Miami's ability to sign top offensive linemen, there also appears to be a plan in place should guys like Leatherwood, Slaton and Minor look elsewhere."

"There's a lot of kids who can develop their senior year that get overlooked at first because so many people start to get offers early in their sophomore years. Does those kid continue to grow and improve like you think he will or is there a ceiling there?," Searels asked.

Advertisement
[MENTION=3894]Peter Ariz[/MENTION] is there any substance to the rumor I saw not long ago about us holding off on jucos until about December. Then the staff plans to make a run at a few?

No way the Elliot Baker kid can look at Alabama's current OL class and think he's ever going to play there. I have no idea what they're telling him. I think we could easily put a little sense of reality in his head and possibly flip him.

[MENTION=3894]Peter Ariz[/MENTION] is there any substance to the rumor I saw not long ago about us holding off on jucos until about December. Then the staff plans to make a run at a few?

No way the Elliot Baker kid can look at Alabama's current OL class and think he's ever going to play there. I have no idea what they're telling him. I think we could easily put a little sense of reality in his head and possibly flip him.

He will flip....just a matter of when

Dykstra had some things I liked from an interior prospect. He isn't 6'6 though appeared to be closer to 6'3-6'4. The development of Gauthier is a plus as I put him in that realm of ability. I broke down n watched alot of Gauthier the last two weeks and that kid really looks good out there. In fact st Louis is the one that has left alot to be desired. Guys like Jahair Jones need to transfer to free up roster space and get pt at other schools. Dykstra in two years is a rotation guy at 6'4 305-310

Dykstra had some things I liked from an interior prospect. He isn't 6'6 though appeared to be closer to 6'3-6'4. The development of Gauthier is a plus as I put him in that realm of ability. I broke down n watched alot of Gauthier the last two weeks and that kid really looks good out there. In fact st Louis is the one that has left alot to be desired. Guys like Jahair Jones need to transfer to free up roster space and get pt at other schools. Dykstra in two years is a rotation guy at 6'4 305-310
Al Golden special

Advertisement

Was Gauthier this player at the beginning of the year or he just come on during the last few games?
I guess the question is why did it take to the last half of the year to get him more playing time.

Was Gauthier this player at the beginning of the year or he just come on during the last few games?
I guess the question is why did it take to the last half of the year to get him more playing time.

people went down..and they shuffled things. Also lineman are known energy preservers...some guys dont practice well. Me being one of them that could care less how i practiced..but would go in games and looked much better..he got his shot...and quite frankly he looks just as solid as Isadora and our last group of guards look at this point. His feet is pretty good...and he is tough. Dykstra looked not that good in the few paradise clips..but those were not with pads on and facing an entire different level of prospect imo. I'm not going to base it off of that..he can come in ...hit the weightroom..and provide good depth as an early freshman next year

people went down..and they shuffled things. Also lineman are known energy preservers...some guys dont practice well. Me being one of them that could care less how i practiced..but would go in games and looked much better..he got his shot...and quite frankly he looks just as solid as Isadora and our last group of guards look at this point. His feet is pretty good...and he is tough. Dykstra looked not that good in the few paradise clips..but those were not with pads on and facing an entire different level of prospect imo. I'm not going to base it off of that..he can come in ...hit the weightroom..and provide good depth as an early freshman next year

I think Gauthier looks much better than McDermott.

It will be nice when we're in a position to not need OL to contribute right away. It's 2 cycles away I think. JUCO should be harvested along with guys like Dykstra.

Go Canes!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back