Dykstra does not go on Vandy trip, says he's solid

View as article

Peter Ariz

All American
Premium
Miami OL commit Zach Dykstra had a visit to Vanderbilt planned this weekend and there were rumors that the Commodores were pushing hard for Dykstra down the stretch.

I just reached out to Dykstra for an update on his Vanderbilt visit and he said, "Actually I didn't get a chance to go on the visit because of some weather issues."

Dykstra added that he does not plan on rescheduling the visit. He said it would not have have affected his recruitment either way.

Advertisement
Once again this is the difference between a professional staff and the clowns that we used to have. We're not going to get jerked around by recruit. They're just going to tell them to go on and we'll keep in contact. Hibbett Sports open and they want to come back and spots open if not good luck to you period that changes a lot of teenagers minds and hurry.

Advertisement
Might not be the best recruit, but we need some bodies, redshirt the kid get him swole and lets see what happens.
The problem is that we have a ton of bodies in the OL but over half are completely incapable of playing right now and probably ever playing.

Advertisement
I like Dykstra, any kid that gets an offer from us, commits, and can't wait to get on campus and help the team win is alright in my books.

Might not be the best recruit, but we need some bodies, redshirt the kid get him swole and lets see what happens.

Staff sees something in him that is better than Mahoney, Milo, Loftus, Jones and the others that have been her for at least a year.

The problem is that we have a ton of bodies in the OL but over half are completely incapable of playing right now and probably ever playing.

If they have not made it into the rotation or earned some playing time by now that is a big flag. Of that group only Gauthrie has earned time in the rotation with the injuries to Darling.

Advertisement

I think we'll see 2 if not 3 of these guys playing ball elsewhere.
Mahoney
Jones
Loftus

Dykstra like most Oline croots needs a couple of years to develop to the point where he can play. Glad to have him.

Advertisement
Dykstra isn't the best now but Searles likes him and he's showing now he can develop a line so give Dykstra a dew years and good weight training with very good coaching he can work

I think we'll see 2 if not 3 of these guys playing ball elsewhere.
Mahoney
Jones
Loftus

I think you can add Milo to that list if Kaaya goes pro.

His tape showed he needed technique but had that mean streak. He certainly looked better than a Loftus or Mahoney. Reminded me of Gautier tbh, and that kid is now starting for us, or first man off bench, and should be pretty good in another year or two. I get people's concern with his performance at Paradise. But lots of super talented kids struggle when they see real speed for the first time. It just means he's more of a project.

Advertisement
Back