Dwyane Wade on Zaire Wade (2020) Recruitment...

Advertisement
Need the bodies. Publicity is a bonus

Agree.... all this nonsense about, has-to-be-ACC player is hooey... we have had plenty of scrubs in and out of our team over the last few years. The buzz and publicity it would bring to the program is enormous and worth the scholarship on him.

Why wouldn't we offer him? He might not be a 5 star, but he is definitely solid plus the buzz that would generate for our program could be really beneficial.

Because the buzz and supposed side benefits disappear quickly if he's riding the pine his entire career, if he really is borderline. That said, I think Coach L would be very up front with everyone; so, if he takes him, then I am good.

Advertisement
Let's pause for a minute. Our coaching staff does a pretty good job at talent evaluation so I will trust them on this one. From what I have seen on Zaire Wade, he would fit better at FIU or FAU right now than Miami.
I have seen him play as I am sure the coaching staff is familiar with him because he played on the same AAU team (E1T1) with CJ Walker. I think Zaire is improving and he may become good enough to garner an offer from Miami.

What happens if by taking Zaire, we get Lebron James Jr in 2022? And then Chris Bosh adopts a teenage basketball prodigy and they re-form the Big 3 in Miami? Think about it

We always have left over scholarships we don't use and we are desperate for some attention so I think we should offer him.

Advertisement
Not saying it's the same just because of the similarities but I heard the same thing about Hardaway Jr and, well..

Agreed. I actually think Zaire is better than Tim Jr at the same age. Basketball isnt like football where you'll have an offer to play everywhere. If you're not in the top 20 you'll probably wont see more than like 10-15 offers. If I recall correctly Michigan was Tim jr's only p5 offer. I think Zaire is good enough to play at a p5 school and Coach L likes his combo guards, Zaire fits that mold.

Agreed. I actually think Zaire is better than Tim Jr at the same age. Basketball isnt like football where you'll have an offer to play everywhere. If you're not in the top 20 you'll probably wont see more than like 10-15 offers. If I recall correctly Michigan was Tim jr's only p5 offer. I think Zaire is good enough to play at a p5 school and Coach L likes his combo guards, Zaire fits that mold.
I saw Tim Jr. play at palmetto and I wondered what the **** everyone was talking about re: him not being an ACC talent, but I figured ehh what do I know?

Certainly a nice potential local area win from the public relations standpoint, which this program could use. Could backfire, though, if he never plays.

Advertisement
We need recruits that can make an impact on the court. Posters that want to sign him for publicity reasons are idiots. Coach L will decide if he can be an asset to us on the floor. That decision is a year away. Also, don’t assume Wade kid will want to come here if he receives offers from other colleges.

Advertisement
Back