Dwyane Wade on Zaire Wade (2020) Recruitment...

Advertisement
Advertisement
I don't know much about the young man, but is he the goods? It's rare, and I mean extremely rare for the kids of superstars to even come close to their parents. Look at Jordan's kids, they got D1 offers, and they were mediocre at best. Baby Wade making the EYBL is a big step, you don't get invited there based on name, you have to be able to play a bit.

Advertisement
He's still got time to develop. Just based on his pedigree I'd keep an eye on him. You don't want him to be late bloomer and shun us because we dissed him.

I would take him. If Dwade and NBA friends hangout/workout around the program while Zaire on campus. He's worth that alone.

Advertisement
I seem to recall there were many who doubted that Tim Hardaway, Jr was ACC-caliber (that chorus intensified when he didn't sign with the Canes). Although he was an inconsistent shooter at Michigan (prone to multiple-game shooting slumps), he turned out to be an All-Big 10 performer, several years over. If indeed we "passed" on him in HS, we made a big mistake.

Advertisement
I seem to recall there were many who doubted that Tim Hardaway, Jr was ACC-caliber (that chorus intensified when he didn't sign with the Canes). Although he was an inconsistent shooter at Michigan (prone to multiple-game shooting slumps), he turned out to be an All-Big 10 performer, several years over. If indeed we "passed" on him in HS, we made a big mistake.

I'm not saying to pass on him because he's DWade's kid. I'm also not saying to take him because he's DWade's kid. Should be based on talent only.

Advertisement
Back