Duke

Lol, Duke is at the biggest job interview of his life, he would be a **** fool to "speak his mind " about his former coach in front of his potential coaches and employers, Tell them what they want to hear. Now is not the time to put your foot in your mouth that would prove absolutely nothing. We all know the truth about Golden, the proof is in the record, and on film, plus the last person I need to hear that Golden is a clown is someone who most likely has a biased and personal relationship with him.

If you still have questions about Golden and his ineptness, I feel sorry for you and all I can do is direct you to games where we got blown out by UVA, or Pitt. Pick one, enjoy!

Last edited:
Advertisement
Duke isn't stupid. Why would he intentionally hurt his draft stock by dissing his corch? Everyone knows how bad our staph is.

I'd bet behind closed doors he's singing a different song.
The way the question was phrased he could have avoided speaking about the coach all together. He could have a gave a ol' "we were good team, the ball just did not bounce our way" type answer.

He went out of his way to say Folden was not the issue. But unfortunately he would be blamed for the mess.

Do you really think him saying something about his coach is going hurt his draft status? C'mon son!

As long as you can put the rock in the end zone, most teams don't care. For example Aaron hernandez, some of these teams have former FBI agents as head of security. You think they didn't know about all the **** hernandez did at florida. They did, and thought the reward would outweigh the risks.

Look I dislike Folden just as much as the next fan. But I am just trying to be objective. These guys spoke up for folden several times. People will say they had to or be bench. Come on, maybe for herb waters or somebody. Duke could have call folden a French Fry ***got and started the next game, that went for Walford, Perryman, Flowers, Dorsett, Chickillo, and Feliciano. Who was going to replace them?

Reporter: Duke, fans are blaming Al Folden for this Teams bad finish, your thoughts?
Duke: Its team game, we let a couple teams off the hook. We could have play better in couple of games. We just had some bad breaks.

Not one time does he have to mention the coach.

Duke isn't stupid. Why would he intentionally hurt his draft stock by dissing his corch? Everyone knows how bad our staph is.

The way the question was phrased he could have avoided speaking about the coach all together. He could have a gave a ol' "we were good team, the ball just did not bounce our way" type answer.

He went out of his way to say Folden was not the issue. But unfortunately he would be blamed for the mess.

Do you really think him saying something about his coach is going hurt his draft status? C'mon son!

As long as you can put the rock in the end zone, most teams don't care. For example Aaron hernandez, some of these teams have former FBI agents as head of security. You think they didn't know about all the **** hernandez did at florida. They did, and thought the reward would outweigh the risks.

Look I dislike Folden just as much as the next fan. But I am just trying to be objective. These guys spoke up for folden several times. People will say they had to or be bench. Come on, maybe for herb waters or somebody. Duke could have call folden a French Fry ***got and started the next game, that went for Walford, Perryman, Flowers, Dorsett, Chickillo, and Feliciano. Who was going to replace them?

Reporter: Duke, fans are blaming Al Folden for this Teams bad finish, your thoughts?
Duke: Its team game, we let a couple teams off the hook. We could have play better in couple of games. We just had some bad breaks.

What was the exact verbiage of the question asked?

Year 4. You can get away with the "there might be more people to blame" line of horseshyt for the first year or two.

But by the time you finish year 4 it's all on the HC. It's his program, his culture, his players, his everything. If it's still not working, then it's all on him. Every last drop of it.

"Why did UM go 6-7 this year? And do you think it fair place onus on the guy in charge?"

His reponse:

“It’s the little things, a lot of things you don’t do that you take for granted as a team it shows up in the game,”

“It’s not fair at all,” Johnson said. “At the end of the day he’s going to take the blame because he’s the head coach but it’s not him.”

Advertisement
While we're in the midst of another **** season next year, all you guys bashing Duke are gonna realize how much he did for our team. Dude is a stone cold baller.

"Why did UM go 6-7 this year? And do you think it fair place onus on the guy in charge?"

His reponse:

“It’s the little things, a lot of things you don’t do that you take for granted as a team it shows up in the game,”

“It’s not fair at all,” Johnson said. “At the end of the day he’s going to take the blame because he’s the head coach but it’s not him.”

What was left out between "a team it shows up in the game,” and “It’s not fair at all,”?

Advertisement
Don't know. It wasn't reported. Check matt porter blog for the interview. Couple other website have it

His reponse:

"At the end of the day, it all starts with me"

Advertisement
Duke is trying to get drafted.

You don't come out and say your old HC is a loser at the Combine.

To those saying Duke doesn't seem like he hated Golden, that video where him and Perryman are both rolling their eyes during the interview says otherwise. Duke's mama putting Golden on blast says otherwise. Duke just wants to look like a team player for the combine.

Don't know. It wasn't reported. Check matt porter blog for the interview. Couple other website have it

Link? I looked but can't find the whole interview.
http://caneswatch.blog.palmbeachpos...oldens-fault-canes-measure-up-at-nfl-combine/

From that article

Johnson was asked whether it’s fair to place the onus for that on the guy in charge.

So he was asked specifically about Gorlden. You erroneously said in post #22 that "Not one time does he have to mention the coach."

Well he was obviously asked DIRECTLY about the corch. So yes he did have to say something. You didn't even read the article you linked before you posted did you?

Advertisement

Link? I looked but can't find the whole interview.
http://caneswatch.blog.palmbeachpos...oldens-fault-canes-measure-up-at-nfl-combine/

From that article

Johnson was asked whether it’s fair to place the onus for that on the guy in charge.

So he was asked specifically about Gorlden. You erroneously said in post #22 that "Not one time does he have to mention the coach."

Well he was obviously asked DIRECTLY about the corch. So yes he did have to say something. You didn't even read the article you linked before you posted did you?
Yes I read it. He could have said "it's not fair, we are team, everybody has part it." Or something like that.

He says not folden is not the issue but he will be blame. Why go out the way and say it if he didn't believe it?

It tic for tac. It's stuck me with. I remember at my worl this guy kept ******* up. He mess up real bad one time, When the director would ask me about I spoke in generalities(could have been a computer error,etc) because I didn't want him to lose his job. Because of his history he would be accuse for another incident. I flat out told director he was not the cause of it.

I think Mama Duke's comment is more telling... Either the way who cares? Chris Rainy and others didn't like Urban Meyer but they won a ship. I don't think Portis liked Butch but he made progress... Golden is just a bad coach who needs to improve. It bothers me that the standards are so low that we're praising Golden for things that always happened at the U. I mean RS went 5-7 as a 1st time HC but he also had a 1st round pick and 2nd round selection. Coker never fell below .500 but had countless 1st round selections. Same as Butch and many others before him.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back