Duke

Dees Brown

Freshman
Premium
Said Folden is not the problem with the team, but he will be blame for the results.
There are a multi things I dislike about Folden, but I asks is there a deeper rooted problem with this team goes beyond folden? Are the stars buying in, and the backup are not? Do we have selfish players?

I mean the guys that brought in(stars and mediocre) excel to extend. I mean look at all the guys who brought in the "skeem" are excelling at the combine

Chickillo: Great Value Version JJWATT
Perryman: Ivan Dragon of Football
Duke: he slices, dices, and julienne defenders
Dorsett: keep'em cover 4 speed
Flowers: you ain't on the list stopper
Feliciano: throw his *** out of the club mauler
Gunter: Solid
Walford: USPS he delivers

All these are better then there were coming in the program. As much as I dislike folden he had something to do with their progression. How many players can you say came out better in the Shannon era?

Still makes this season a disgrace. Man **** it. Fire Folden!!

Advertisement
If they don't buy in it's still the head coach. You have to win your team over or it will never work. That should be step 1/ can't move on til that is accomplished.

The stars aren't buying in and they don't need to buy in to that conservative ****. The reserves buy in because the system fits their skill set, that's why guys like Fentress play over guys like Jamal Carter

Unless an HC can scheme to accomodate his players skills, you won't have an answer to your question. Golden is not a creative football mind thus he stays within his comfort zone of what he knows and demands compliance. His players natural talents reveal themselves under more creative football leadership....so maybe they could of been that good all along..we just never got to see it.

Last edited:
Folden is this cause of everything bad with this team. Players not buying in is because of Folden and his unwillingness to adapt to the obvious.

Advertisement
Said Folden is not the problem with the team, but he will be blame for the results.
There are a multi things I dislike about Folden, but I asks is there a deeper rooted problem with this team goes beyond folden? Are the stars buying in, and the backup are not? Do we have selfish players?

I mean the guys that brought in(stars and mediocre) excel to extend. I mean look at all the guys who brought in the "skeem" are excelling at the combine

All these are better then there were coming in the program. As much as I dislike folden he had something to do with their progression. How many players can you say came out better in the Shannon era?

I honestly attribute very little development to Golden. Most of these guys got bigger and got experience, but not actually better. Duke honestly isn't any different than day 1. Perryman is a little more consistent and experienced. Dorsett did become a better route runner, but I doubt Golden had much to do with that. Chick progressively got worse. Flowers maybe? I don't know, it's kind of hard to judge when OL gets better sometimes.

I'm not even mad at you Dees, I'm just disappointed with your actions.

I honestly attribute very little development to Golden. Most of these guys got bigger and got experience, but not actually better. Duke honestly isn't any different than day 1. Perryman is a little more consistent and experienced. Dorsett did become a better route runner, but I doubt Golden had much to do with that. Chick progressively got worse. Flowers maybe? I don't know, it's kind of hard to judge when OL gets better sometimes.

Duke definitely improved all around a great deal. u are right bout chick tho.

:stephenahand::stephenahand::stephenahand:

Advertisement

On Duke you forgot to add gets cramps a lot can't stay healthy fumbles in key situations in big games

These guys are self motivated and came in highly skilled. Duke and Flowers dropped their shoes on campus and were stars first practice -- no on thing to do with Al. What we don't know is how much having Al as a coach hurt them. PD didn't get fast because of Al. Him and Clive became complete receivers this year because the had a real QB for the first time. Kaaya has much more to do with their draft status than Al. Imaging DP in our old defense and not 10 yards deep in the red zone. I don't see Al having improved them more than he hurt them with his candy.... loser attitude.

This season is gonna play out like about 85% of us think it will (6-7, 7-6, or even 5-8) nobody should care who we point the finger at, THEY ALL GONE!'

Advertisement
Duke was a star when he got here but he could not stay healthy. The only credit I give Golden is he did bulk him up and finally had him strong enough to finish an entire season healthy. I can go on all day about how bad Golden is as a coach but if you can't give him any credit for making Duke more durable than you are just too bias

Ah, problem may be bigger than just Golden. Dating back to Coker and Shannon we've heard complaints about players not buying in, cliques (Shannon and S Fla connection), lack of intensity, disciplined, blah, blah. Maybe it's the excuses that come with failing to meet expectations. Or maybe it is deeper.

Advertisement

On Duke you forgot to add gets cramps a lot can't stay healthy fumbles in key situations in big games

Consider his record breaking career this would be a compliment to his persistence.

Duke isn't stupid. Why would he intentionally hurt his draft stock by dissing his corch? Everyone knows how bad our staph is.

I'd bet behind closed doors he's singing a different song.

Consider his record breaking career this would be a compliment to his persistence.

Or the reason why we lost to Nebrska key fumble that game . Can't stay on the field against fla st or we win that game.

Advertisement
Back