+/- Duke

We lost to a lesser team last night. Kelly doesn't blow up and we beat them handily.

I'm not going to call them a lesser team per se, they were emotional, especially getting their star player back, and that building wanted revenge. We didnt wilt, in fact, after their little floor slap episode, we went on a tear. They know they got a little lucky in that one. Steel sharpens steel, I think both teams get better because of that game. Any doubt that we are a good team was erased last night.

4 of our starting 5 are better players than 4 of their starting 5. Reggie didn't show up and Kelly went crazy. If Reggie shows up and Kelly has merely a great game (lets say 25 points), instead of an insane game, we win handily. Scott and Larkin abused their guards at will. Their only defense to our driving was trying to take charges. They simply can't keep up. Kelly reminded me of McClinton last night. Carried a less talented team to victory on his back. One man show. I like our chances in a neutral court rematch.

Advertisement
We lost to a lesser team last night. Kelly doesn't blow up and we beat them handily.

I'm not going to call them a lesser team per se, they were emotional, especially getting their star player back, and that building wanted revenge. We didnt wilt, in fact, after their little floor slap episode, we went on a tear. They know they got a little lucky in that one. Steel sharpens steel, I think both teams get better because of that game. Any doubt that we are a good team was erased last night.

4 of our starting 5 are better players than 4 of their starting 5. Reggie didn't show up and Kelly went crazy. If Reggie shows up and Kelly has merely a great game (lets say 25 points), instead of an insane game, we win handily. Scott and Larkin abused their guards at will. Their only defense to our driving was trying to take charges. They simply can't keep up. Kelly reminded me of McClinton last night. Carried a less talented team to victory on his back. One man show. I like our chances in a neutral court rematch.

I think we all like our chances on a neutral floor. Puke blew their load in that victory, lets see what they do against UNC next Saturday.

@ChrisFreet: Last night, @****ieV said he would vote for Shane Larkin as @theACC MVP. Wonder if league media voters agree?

@SethDavisHoops: Hidden headline from the game in Cameron is that Miami is really, really good. Those who think Canes are a fraud are gonna be disappointed.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back