Duke TD today

hcanes100

24k+ of useless posts
Premium
We went nuts in the stands. Duke WR went completely out of bounds, then was the first person to touch the ball once thrown.

Play was reviewed, we thought it was a no brainer, illegal reception. Was upheld! Was their any explanation on this on TV today?

Advertisement
Not on TV, but I believe I read on the net (with the rule cited) after the game that believe it or not, that's a legal TD as the defender forced him out of bounds.

But yes, he leapt from out of bounds, caught the ball, and landed in the EZ. Unreal.

We went nuts in the stands. Duke WR went completely out of bounds, then was the first person to touch the ball once thrown.

Play was reviewed, we thought it was a no brainer, illegal reception. Was upheld! Was their any explanation on this on TV today?

They touched on it a little on TV, but the 2 announcers were a couple of doofuses all day. As Bomber said, the rule was that he was pushed out by a defender and unlike the NFL or basketball, you dont have to established yourself back in play, you only have to land in bounds, so yes it was the correct call.

On TV they said he was forced out of bounds - but that was quite a stretch as it was good defense pushing the route to the sideline and then the defender continued it 2-3 yards out of bounds - with tight coverage - it was a really bad call and really should have been reversed - the make up call was streeters TD catch - he still had not secured the ball while still inbounds - I thought it was clearly an incomplete pass on reply - makeup I guess.

Advertisement
Back