Duke showing some love...

Advertisement
LOL about the Miami bracelet comments...Due to where my ancestors came from and name/military service, I don't need to wear green on 17 March or wear patriotic stuff on Flag Day, Veterans Day, July 4, etc. Same with Duke; he has PROVEN himself a real 'Cane and bled Orange and Green...Go after Fataweenie Alfredo Goldenusky, not Duke.

Advertisement
There might have been a couple greater players come through THE U, but only because of how many all time greats there have been, but I can not think of one, not one, that I would be more proud to call my brother. Duke is the personification of class, effort, talent and just being a man. Dude is going to shine in NFL.

Duke is also hosting charity events.

Eye on the U | Miami Herald & MiamiHerald.com

New Oakland Raider Jon Feliciano knocking them down -- and enjoying every minute
by Susan Miller Degnan

Former UM offensive lineman and Oakland Raiders rookie Jon Feliciano participated in the Duke Johnson Foundation’s charity bowling event on Tuesday at Strike 10 in Gulfstream Park.

Here’s what he had to say in an exclusive interview with the Miami Herald.

“It’s great to be out in Cali, in Oakland, be in such a great atmosphere and a good position. Our O-line group is great – a good mix between veterans, rookies and guys that are in the middle of their careers,” Feliciano told The Miami Herald.

Feliciano added that he’s just looking to compete with the Raiders.

“I’ve got great guys in front of me that have helped me out so far. They’ve done everything I could’ve asked of them and more,” Feliciano said. “I just want to go in there, compete and make the 53-man roster.”

Feliciano is thrilled to remain teammates with fellow Raider Clive Walford. He said he thought the Raiders were actually going to take him in the third round, but when Walford’s name was called, he was happy for his friend.

I was like ‘well, I can’t be mad at that.’ And then to have my name called their next pick was awesome,” Feliciano said.

Feliciano swung by the event, he says, first, to give back, but second, to beat Duke.

“Me and Duke always compete in bowling pretty heavily,” said Feliciano , whose all-time best was a 236.

“Duke’s a good bowler, but I’ve got his number.”

Added Feliciano: “Duke’s always been big about doing stuff in the community, and to set this up and have this go down is amazing.”

Advertisement
The Carter Stong bracelet doesn't appear to be "our" Carter.

It is, gave it to him when we were with him for the draft. My wife had them made for the team, but they didn't let us send them. Mrs. Cassandra and his step dad wear them too.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back