Duke Johnson's 2012 Heisman Chances

4.gif

Advertisement
Some food for thought

Herschel Walker in 1979 rushed for 3,167 yards and 45 TDs in his Senior year in High School. (3rd in Heisman '80)
Adrian Peterson in 2003 rushed for 2,315 yards and 32 TDs in his Senior year in High School. (2nd in Heisman '04)
Duke Johnson in 2011 rushed for 2,087 yards and 29 TDs in his Senior year in High School. (???????)

I see Duke on that level as the two backs I just mentioned. The numbers back me up here.

View attachment 5546

Not sure if serious, but no one will ever be on Herschel's level in college. Ever.
Barry Sanders farts in your general direction.

Some food for thought

Herschel Walker in 1979 rushed for 3,167 yards and 45 TDs in his Senior year in High School. (3rd in Heisman '80)
Adrian Peterson in 2003 rushed for 2,315 yards and 32 TDs in his Senior year in High School. (2nd in Heisman '04)
Duke Johnson in 2011 rushed for 2,087 yards and 29 TDs in his Senior year in High School. (???????)

I see Duke on that level as the two backs I just mentioned. The numbers back me up here.
im a big duke fan but those guys you named are bruisers with speed. duke just has speed. i do expect big plays from him.

Advertisement
crossover22[]_[];404526 said:
I could see duke being our best back next year though. Definately the biggest homerun threat

we got another person on the Heisman bang wagon

The current Bang Wagon
ME, DBC,Blackvern, CROSSOVER22

we got room for about 10 people don't wait for the first game to jump on this kool-aid tastes good!

Last edited:
Lets see what herschel walker has to say about this.

Herschel if duke has a chance hold up the U!

IMG-20120322-00402.jpg

You heard it from the man himself

Advertisement
crossover22[]_[];404526 said:
I could see duke being our best back next year though. Definately the biggest homerun threat

we got another person on the Heisman bang wagon

The current Bang Wagon
ME, DBC,Blackvern, CROSSOVER22

we got room for about 10 people don't wait for the first game to jump on this kool-aid tastes good!

the combined iq there is 11

If DBC says Duke is going to win the heisman then there's a good chance Duke will tear his ACL on the first carry of the season and never to return to playing football again. DBC is the ultimate jinx.

Advertisement
If DBC says Duke is going to win the heisman then there's a good chance Duke will tear his ACL on the first carry of the season and never to return to playing football again. DBC is the ultimate jinx.

DBC didn't say Duke would win the Heisman only that he would be a finalist so get your facts straight

Advertisement
You see Duke on the Peterson/Walker level?

Wow.

I dont think Duke can be physical like those guys(yet) but I think he will be a threat not only running but in the pass game. Depends how fast he can get in here, learn the plays and blocking schemes but I have a feeling he will have no trouble.

As far as Heisman chances? 0%.

I copy and pasted your response and PM the big time fan in question and this is his response to your post

I don't think Duke is going to win the Heisman as a Freshman. It would be historic if he did. However, I do expect him to be a serious Heisman candidate next year, and get an invite to NYC.

The other two backs weren't really threats in the passing game as Freshmen, as much as Duke will be.

Forget the Heisman talk and be realistic, what do you think our boy's ceiling is for 2012? I'll take a shot:

Rushing yards (initially, he will split carries): 1000 yds

receiving: 300 yds

Special teams: maybe one or two returned for scores

Leadership: immeasurable

Remember, before you overreact, I said CEILING

I heard that Laz guy from twitter on the radio the other day, when is DBC going to start calling in to all the shows?

Advertisement
Back