Duke Johnson

SFbayCane

All American
Is it me or does Duke Johnson get tackled more awkwardly than any other running back in college football? It seems that every tackle looks like he's about to blow out a knee or ankle.

Its hard to explain. It just seems that he takes hits at awkward angles all the time.

Advertisement
Is it me or does Duke Johnson get tackled more awkwardly than any other running back in college football? It seems that every tackle looks like he's about to blow out a knee or ankle.

Its hard to explain. It just seems that he takes hits at awkward angles all the time.

i agree. i hold my breath every time he touches the ball. the man gets contorted every which way.

last night i noticed it a lot. think matt porter or another beat writer said that they were tackling low last night and u kinda saw that when the Duke guy dove at dukes legs and missed and ended up causing our OL to fall on Gadbois.

Agree. Even before his injury last yr there were times id hold my breath, only to see him jump up off the ground like he always does.

Advertisement
I think it has to do with the fact that Duke Johnson rarely goes down from hits up high, despite being a smaller back. I think opposing defenders think they can take him down high in the open field and Duke ends up using his non-extended stiff arm (which he uses really well) and ends up riding defenders forward where the second defender ends up coming in low.

I think it's because he is super shifty and is constantly moving so it looks awkward.

Off topic but Duke is definitely not as explosive as his first 2 years. Doesn't mean he's not a stud or won't average 6+ yards a carry but how many long runs has he broken so far?

The extra weight helps overall though.

I think it's because he is super shifty and is constantly moving so it looks awkward.

Off topic but Duke is definitely not as explosive as his first 2 years. Doesn't mean he's not a stud or won't average 6+ yards a carry but how many long runs has he broken so far?

i think he's as explosive, he's just behind an OL that doesn't open up too many holes and more teams scheming to stop him now.

Advertisement

Zero percentage chance Duke Johnson comes back next year. He adding weight. Working on his receiever skills. How hungry he plays regardless of competition. This is his contract year. Just like Portis I think he goes 2nd round but has a great NFL career.

I noticed the same thing also. Every time he goes down it looks like his knees gonna give out. NFL gonna trim his husky *** down though.

Advertisement
Back