Duke Johnson is going to be tremendous for us

Cane2

Band
Banned
Duke Johnson could be the ultimate Zero RB option for 2015. He is a more versatile option than projected starter Isiah Crowell. Cleveland Browns GM Ray Farmer was effusive in his praise for his dynamic RB declaring that Johnson has "playmaking ability and supreme confidence" and went on to say "I think he is going to be tremendous for us."

Duke Johnson on Duke Johnson: “I think the new NFL passing scheme creates opportunity for me. That’s why I was brought in. I am a change of pace RB, I can line up anywhere in the offense, including wildcat QB, and can run things that most running back can’t. I am also excited to see all the different ways I’ll be used coming out of the backfield; I will be used for KO returns. They are bringing me slowly in PR returns, I practiced them at UM but didn’t get game reps there.”

Last edited:
Advertisement
Duke showed last year that he can be a weapon in the passing game. It would've been nice to see him and Yearby on the field together more.

I think Duke winds up starting there....Duke for 1200 and 8 TD's this season. With 450 receiving yards and 4 TDS.

Duke showed last year that he can be a weapon in the passing game. It would've been nice to see him and Yearby on the field together more.

Blind people cannot see what is in front of them.... Couple that with arrogance and catchy phrases = the current state of our football program.

Shoulda, woulda, coulda! That will be AG's legacy and hashtag when fired

Advertisement

It makes me sad that people think last year is the first time Duke showed he is an asset in the passing game.He showed it his first 2 years and as soon as Coley came in as the playcaller, we stopped throwing to the rbs. Look at our stats for all rb receptions in the Fisch seasons and then look at the drop off as soon as Coley took over.

It makes me sad that people think last year is the first time Duke showed he is an asset in the passing game.He showed it his first 2 years and as soon as Coley came in as the playcaller, we stopped throwing to the rbs. Look at our stats for all rb receptions in the Fisch seasons and then look at the drop off as soon as Coley took over.

We never really used him in the passing game until last year. That's not to say he wouldn't have been a weapon, just saying we did very little to get him the ball in the passing game.

That's incorrect. I'm not saying we threw the ball to him 60 or 70 times, but he had 24 catches (can't check compete stats right now in his freshman year as a split time rb. Year 2 under Coley, he had 4 catches. Nearly 40 catches in year 3 (Coley year 2). If he didn't split time freshman year, he's likely over 40 that year as well.

Also, I said look at all rb receptions, not just duke. I believe we went from around 50 receptions to about 20 (again, can't check stats right now). Hagans was our lead rb receiver in Coleys first year. That's just bad play design to not get duke involved

Advertisement
I think Duke winds up starting there....Duke for 1200 and 8 TD's this season. With 450 receiving yards and 4 TDS.

Knaw.... Isaiah Crowell is a gameday kind of player ... him and west aren't slouches.... Don't think Duke will take over that easy.

Crowell will lead the team in rushing Duke will lead the team in all purpose yards I think they'll keep Travis Benjamin at PR..

I can see Crowell with 1100 yds 9-12 td's
Duke with 6-700 yds rushing 4 td's (1800 ap yds 7-10 td's total)
T WEST with 5-700 yds 6-9 tds

Browns have three talented backs that brings something different to the table, but it's evident Duke will be the best back out of all 3.

I think they are going to bring him in slow. Until he shows he can actually carry the load and take hits in the big league.

Buuuuuuut I won't doubt Duke either. He could end up being the best back out of this class when he puts on a performance for the Browns. I moving to Cleveland soon ready to see things up close and personal lol

Advertisement
Back