Duke Johnson driven by promises to mother

Advertisement
I'm very interested in seeing how Duke performs this game. He & the team didn't play very well verses Kansas State, Notre Dame, & fsu last year. I want to see him have a Heisman performance just like Boyd did last week against an elite defense.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Duke = Edge in terms of what we're asking him to do (put the team on your back until we're back)

We pulled Duke Johnson's offer or he would have been a gator. Keep dreaming kids. Chris Rainey isn't going to win this game for you.

Johnson, a Miami Norland High alum who runs a 4.4 second 40-yard dash, was named Mr. Florida Football as the state’s Class 5A Player of the Year in 2011. But his durability in college is still a concern. He was injured at times last season and not always productive against some of UM’s most formidable opponents.[/url]

So.....what the fvck happened to that 4.4 40 time? It's now over 4.5.

I'll give you one hint.

Advertisement
Johnson, a Miami Norland High alum who runs a 4.4 second 40-yard dash, was named Mr. Florida Football as the state’s Class 5A Player of the Year in 2011. But his durability in college is still a concern. He was injured at times last season and not always productive against some of UM’s most formidable opponents.[/url]

I'll give you one hint.

You're wrong on this one.

I'll let you be the authority on all things Utah football, since you live there. But you'll need to stand down on this one ... I'm a track coach.

Duke's 4.4 in high school was a hand-time. With laser, that's a mid 4.6. A rule of thumb is that you always add .2 seconds to any hand-time.

The fact that Duke gained weight, and is actually faster, is counter to your argument. The weight gain did not hurt him, in any way.

I'll give you one hint.

You're wrong on this one.

I'll let you be the authority on all things Utah football, since you live there. But you'll need to stand down on this one ... I'm a track coach.

Duke's 4.4 in high school was a hand-time. With laser, that's a mid 4.6. A rule of thumb is that you always add .2 seconds to any hand-time.

The fact that Duke gained weight, and is actually faster, is counter to your argument. The weight gain did not hurt him, in any way.

As soon as you can document the bolded claim I'll listen to your argument.

"From the data collected, it can be concluded that the delay between the hand start and the electronic start (when arranged by magnitude) is evenly distributed between 0.10 and 0.25 seconds. Therefore, based on this experiment data (and only accounting for human error at the start not the finish line), the average hand-timed 40 yard run is 0.175+.075 seconds “faster” than a fully electronic time"

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0...t_v_FAT_Start_40_yard_dash_Analysis_Paper.pdf

4.55 laser minus 0.175 error for hand-timing = 4.375

4.4 > 4.375

Duke's laser time of 4.55 from the combine is, on average, equivalent to a hand-timed 40 of 4.375. Therefore, despite being bigger, more durable, and far better suited to the NFL, it can be argued that Duke is faster at this weight than he was for that 4.4s hand-timed 40 that you're desperately searching in vain for.

"From the data collected, it can be concluded that the delay between the hand start and the electronic start (when arranged by magnitude) is evenly distributed between 0.10 and 0.25 seconds. Therefore, based on this experiment data (and only accounting for human error at the start not the finish line), the average hand-timed 40 yard run is 0.175+.075 seconds “faster” than a fully electronic time"

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0...t_v_FAT_Start_40_yard_dash_Analysis_Paper.pdf

4.4 > 4.375

Duke's laser time of 4.55 from the combine is, on average, equivalent to a hand-timed 40 of 4.375. Therefore, despite being bigger, more durable, and far better suited to the NFL, it can be argued that Duke is faster at this weight than he was for that 4.4s hand-timed 40 that you're desperately searching in vain for.

Well you are half way there. From your own linked study.

"The 1.75 +- 0.075 second variance should be considered if hand timing is being used for ranking athletes."

I know this is probably hard for you to comprehend but the "+-" part means that hand times can be either faster or slower.

So once again. Please show something that verifies these absurd claims.

Last edited:
Advertisement

4.4 > 4.375

Well you are half way there.

Read the study, ******.

"The majority of the time difference between the FAT and Hand timed 40 yard comes from the inherent human delay of starting the timer after the athlete initiates the run. In other words, the athlete will have started the run before the coach can depress the start button."

Last edited:

4.4 > 4.375

Read the study, ******.

"The majority of the time difference between the FAT and Hand timed 40 yard comes from the inherent human delay of starting the timer after the athlete initiates the run. In other words, the athlete will have started the run before the coach can depress the start button."

Quit cherry picking segments from the document. Here is a quote from the conclusion of that "study"

"The 1.75 +- 0.075 second variance should be considered if hand timing is being used for ranking athletes."

I know this is probably hard for you to comprehend but the "+-" part means that hand times can be either faster or slower.

4.4 > 4.375

Read the study, ******.

Quit cherry picking segments from the document. Here is a quote from the conclusion of that "study"

And I know that this might be REALLY hard for YOU to comprehend, but the 0.075 part is a lot less than the 1.75 part (which is probably supposed to be 0.175, like it is everywhere else, but again the point remains the same).

0.175 +/- 0.075 means that the amount of the hand-timing error can vary from 0.1 to 0.25 seconds. I was being generous giving you the average (0.175).

Go to bed...the short bus will be picking you up for school in a few hours.

Advertisement

4.4 > 4.375

Read the study, ******.

Huh, faster or slower than what?

4.4 > 4.375

Read the study, ******.

And I know that this might be REALLY hard for YOU to comprehend, but the 0.075 part is a lot less than the 1.75 part (which is probably supposed to be 0.175, like it is everywhere else, but again the point remains the same).

0.175 +/- 0.075 means that the amount of the hand-timing error can vary from 0.1 to 0.25 seconds. I was being generous giving you the average (0.175).

Go to bed...the short bus will be picking you up for school in a few hours.

Sorry kid. That is not what the study said.

Your logic in this porst indicates that hand timing would NEVER result in a time that is faster than the actual run.

The study says quite plainly otherwise. The study quite plainly says that sometimes hand times are faster than the actual run and sometimes hand times are slower than the actual run.

Last edited:

4.4 > 4.375

Read the study, ******.

0530422r7smxe.gif

Read the study, ******.

View attachment 29764
Ha another stupid joke. Tells a lot more about you then me. I am trying to understand what you are saying about the quote before I pass judgement on what you said. But hey u are obviously to mature for me.

Advertisement
Back