Duke is cleared for WF

Advertisement
Advertisement
That is good that it is a migraine and not a concussion.

It wasn't a fcking migraine. He got kicked in the head and then they took his hat right after that.

Did that kick trigger a migraine?

That kick triggered either a concussion or concussion-like symptoms. You don't take a player's hat away for a migraine. UM's not taking any chances with concussions after they did that self-laudatory video with 3 Penny. Imagine they put Duke back in the game after doing that video talking themselves up as putting the kids first and being on the forefront of the concussion movement and he starts vomiting on the field and twitching?

It wasn't a fcking migraine. He got kicked in the head and then they took his hat right after that.

That kick triggered either a concussion or concussion-like symptoms. You don't take a player's hat away for a migraine. UM's not taking any chances with concussions after they did that self-laudatory video with 3 Penny. Imagine they put Duke back in the game after doing that video talking themselves up as putting the kids first and being on the forefront of the concussion movement and he starts vomiting on the field and twitching?

I get it. Just curious if it was a concussion or some variation. I was hopeful it was triggering a migraine as opposed to something worse.

Advertisement
If I'm Golden, I limit Duke to 10 touches or so. Enough action to keep in form, but want him fresh and feeling good for FSU and VT.

I also limit Dallas to 15 carries or so. He took a beat last game and has to still be sore.

That opens up perfectly for my next thought.....I instruct Coley to throw it 50+ times. Morris and this offense need to get on track, and fast. I dont care if WF thinks less of us for this approach. We've got issues to work out and only 1 week to do it.

He needs to stop leaving his feet to hit people low. He's been injured twice. Seems like it would make more sense to use him as a safety valve for Morris.

Advertisement
There are many triggers to migraines and yes a blow to the head can be one of them. Problem is we have no idea if he was experiencing symptoms before the game began was going to try to play thru it until he took the knee to the head. I use to suffer from them and a close friend gets them really bad that they catscan her every few months. Once you have one coming on, even if its mild at first...a blow to the head is a sonuvabitch. However I think I'll go with Franchise on this and it was probably more of a precaution of a concussion than anything else. That's a few games in a row he has had his noodle rocked. Better safe than sorry.

I get it. Just curious if it was a concussion or some variation. I was hopeful it was triggering a migraine as opposed to something worse.

Everyone's got concussion-phobia these days, Alfonse. 2 years ago he takes the same shot, and he would have been right back in the game.

Everyone's got concussion-phobia these days, Alfonse. 2 years ago he takes the same shot, and he would have been right back in the game.

It is crazy, just hoping this kid can catch a break and stay healthy. A ding here, a ding there, could you imagine if he didn't get kicked in the head against UNC?

He was on pace to our run Edge somewhere in the 4th quarter.

Advertisement

It is crazy, just hoping this kid can catch a break and stay healthy. A ding here, a ding there, could you imagine if he didn't get kicked in the head against UNC?

He was on pace to our run Edge somewhere in the 4th quarter.

I love Dallas Crawford. The dude's got nuts the size of cantalopes. But if Duke played that whole UNC game, he would have had 300 yards rushing easily. Some of those 8 yard runs that Dallas was cranking out Duke would have gone for 50 or 60. There were some holes bigger than TP801's distended **** that night.

Has anyone had migraines specifically from football or another sport? Just curious to how they affect people.

Advertisement
Back