Duke in Space

Classic

TAFKA CaneClassic
Can we let this man get his Sandra Bullock on, and put him out in space?

How many catches does this man have? I don't have to look it up because I already know the answer. Not enough.

Advertisement
And not to highjack my own thread, but how about a little Maurice Hagens up the middle when you need a yard or three?

I mean, I know that stretch play to the short side of the field is mighty enticing on 4th and 1. But c'mon now!

It's like coley has a set of 5 plays he picks out of a hat, which includes a healthy dose of stretch run plays out of the pistol.

No screens, no running backs on routes, no TE, no underneath routes to wide receivers.

I have a feeling he'll be throwing a lot at fsu they they haven't seen from us this year

Advertisement
I have a feeling he'll be throwing a lot at fsu they they haven't seen from us this year

I like where your head is at, brother. I'm worried, though. There have been a whole bunch of times in my Miami fandom where I'd convinced myself we had held on to a whole slew of great stuff for a big game, and rarely have I seen what I was hoping and expecting.

But I think you might be right. I hope using Duke in other ways than crushing him through the line is part of the plan.

Playbook is real limited now

Runs:
outside zone
Counter
dive

Passes:
PA fade
PA Rollout
Comeback route

Trick play:
TE pass
Reverse
Kneel down

Right now we have simplified and just trying to survive. Its not going to be pretty from here on out. Lets just keep pulling out W

Duke made some big plays out of the slot last year. Haven't seen him once this year. Go empty and get him in the slot. Wtf do we have to lose?

And are we the only dadgum team that doesn't use a screen to the back? Alabama runs it with Yeldon every quarter.

I'm no expert...but ****, we almost destroyed a drive today with that Coley reverse. Homey didn't learn from last week? Simplify. Disappointed with the playcalling the last few weeks.

Advertisement

i was hoping that.

but let's get real.

Coley was risking losing games just so he can save his tricks for FSU? that makes no sense to me.

i was hoping that.

but let's get real.

Coley was risking losing games just so he can save his tricks for FSU? that makes no sense to me.

Lol plus 1. Staying vanilla when you have the game in hand vs FIU was sensical...thus saving for UF chatter made sense. Staying vanilla when you're down and nearly out in back to back games ain't because you're saving something.

Well, the idea is Coley would fully install or practice these plays we haven't seen this week on Greentree.

That would be why Coley wouldn't pull them out in a bind. They wouldn't be ready and/or routinely practiced.

Still, I think the "holding back on the playbook" perspective is optimistic.

Advertisement
One of the things I kept thinking when this season started (knowing Duke was the starter and would get plenty of touches) was that Duke was gonna KILL defenses on screen plays. Dude is murder in open space, let alone with several blockers leading the way. I just can't believe we don't use this to our advantage. Seems like a no-brainer.

Advertisement
It's like coley has a set of 5 plays he picks out of a hat, which includes a healthy dose of stretch run plays out of the pistol.

No screens, no running backs on routes, no TE, no underneath routes to wide receivers.

I hate to even suggest this and I heard commentators hint at it, but do you think that Coley has realized what he has in Stephen and has decided to not go too intricate with his play calling this year?

I hate to even suggest this and I heard commentators hint at it, but do you think that Coley has realized what he has in Stephen and has decided to not go too intricate with his play calling this year?

I thought I heard the announcers mentioning Coley simplifying the passing game to a few reads. If true, very telling about SM and the identity of the offense.

what about putting two backs in the backfield at one time or going i formation and throwing to hagens...

Advertisement
Back