Duke did indeed get slower, question is does this really....

Help him?

In my opinion Duke sorta lost what made him special. I've seen many of his highschool games and although he didn't have world class speed he was a burner.

A 4.6 was abysmal from what he was. Imo his weight gain just looks unnatural for his frame. He looked very soft and pudgy bodywise and I can tell alot of that weight gain wasn't solid muscle.

Ive read posts here saying this is his best season but he had 900+ before his injury last year. He would have gotten well over a 1000 eitherway.

Duke is still one of a kind, I just think he was meant to be 190-195lbs max. Either way Im not sure he's an everydown back in the league.

Knowing Duke he may prove me wrong

Dude... someone a 185 pounder wouldnt survive taking hits from 250 lb linebackers left ad right

Advertisement
Wow, someone looks pretty dumb in this thread.

Forget any time he ever ran before, he ran a 4.54 at the combine and to date that's the only accurate timed 40 he's ever run. The rest is for ****s and giggles.

I knew PD's number from Swasey was b.s. at the time and said I'd be a bit surprised if he ran under 4.3 at the combine. Now PD's name sits atop our record board, not missed at PD, but Swasey is a joke.

Are we gonna ignore the 4.6 he ran? Also in the NFL he's sort of lost his homerun ability and will be like a Frank Gore with MUCH LESS power and durability. Im not knocking him, Im just saying that no matter what, he was never gonna be an everydown back so he may as well kept his homerun ability.

He still had just as many close calls this year as he did last year, the only difference being that he didnt actually get injured, but he was no different this year than he was at the Under Amrmour allstar game, he still had many close calls of being injured.

Duke also had his ankle snapped in half not all that long ago. But I doubt that an injury like that would really have any effect on your 40 time.

once duke gets that NFL conditioning w/ what he already possess, i can definitely see him in several pro-bowls. nfl teams will sleep on him, but let him go to Indy like he's projected to in the second round and watch Duke rep the U properly.

Advertisement
Duke slow?? Naw, well he had enough speed to go 90 yards for a TD versus UNC.... Barry Sanders ran a 4.5, and Emmitt Smith ran a 4.65 at Florida pro day and he turned out fine....

A 4.54 is .01 off of Gio Bernard's time. It's right where he was expected to run. It will not keep him from running for long gains in the NFL.

Advertisement
Running backs in the NFL need to run below 4.5 to make me money in daily fantasy.

I won't be rostering him on any of my daily fantasy teams if he doesn't get below 4.5

Lets forget duke tore his acl and was sidelined for almost 9 months losing leg muscle it prolly took 3 years to gain. That wouldn't fit our blame golden narrative would it.

Lets forget duke tore his acl and was sidelined for almost 9 months losing leg muscle it prolly took 3 years to gain. That wouldn't fit our blame golden narrative would it.

That could also be a reason, just wish he didn't delude himself saying he is "faster than ever". I knew from the jump duke went from a homerun hitter to a 15yd churner that will occasionally break the long. In the NFL he won't be busting many long runs. Marshawn Lynch ran a 4.4 and got slower, difference being he's 3 inches taller and 20lbs heavier.

I am glad that Duke is a top 5 rb prospect. LOL at TJ Yeldon

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back