Duke Announcing His Decision

Nick41594

Redshirt Freshman
Duke says he will announce his decision to stay or go on the 28th, the day after the bowl game. That day is also his mother's birthday for what it's worth

Advertisement
Why would he announce he's leaving on her birthday if she wants him to stay? Wouldn't shock me if he stayed.

2 perspectives on this:
1) He announces he's staying because she wants him to get a College Degree
2) He announces he's leaving because he can go make the big $$$ and can buy her a shiny new car

2 perspectives on this:
1) He announces he's staying because she wants him to get a College Degree
2) He announces he's leaving because he can go make the big $$$ and can buy her a shiny new car

Exactly what I thought when I read it

Advertisement
He needs to go pro. With the way RB's are used and discarded in the NFL he needs to go pro ASAP.

He shouldn't risk anymore of his future in the hands of this coaching staff.

If a degree is the only reason he's staying, then he's gone. He can finish that degree up later.

Advertisement
Wouldn't fault him for either decision.

IMHO going into the draft is the "right" decision.

He'd arguably be the best back in college football if he stayed.

Advertisement
As a RB, he wouldn't be smart to stay:

-Nothing more to improve stock
-An extra year of wear and tear
-Potential injury
-Can get degree later

What does he need a college degree for. He could finish it after declaring for cheap at any time. You don't need adegree to play football.

Advertisement
Our fairly talented squad went 6-6 this year. Why would he stay? To win something of importance? Maybe get to play in the Sun Bowl or Pinstripe Bowl next year?

One thing to note is that this years running back class is stacked up top...next years won't be like this.

Advertisement
Back