DTs

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Derrick LeBlanc is the top target at DT right now, but it’s still early & there will be several other prospects we’re after.

Rueben Bain is about as close to a lock as you can get at DT in this class.

John Walker LeBlanc’s teammate at Osceola will also be someone to watch, I’m not sure what their initial eval will be, but we’ll see if they recruit him & LeBlanc together.

It’ll be interesting to see if they pursue Jordan Hall from Jacksonville.

Mario has recruited the state of Alabama quite a bit & we’re in a good spot early for Connor Knight from Pinson.

The state of Alabama is actually pretty loaded this cycle with DT’s, DE’s & CB’s, but the thing with those kids are they are deathly loyal to the SEC, Bama, AU, UGA, Clemson, LSU etc get first dibs on all the top prospects & everyone else gets whoever they don’t want, so we’ll see how hard we push for the Bama kids.

Ultimately it’s still early to know exactly who or where they have their DLine board structured.

But Jayden Wayne for sure is their top target at DL.

Advertisement
For some weird reason it feels like I’ve been following Derrick LeBlanc’s recruitment since 2017

Derrick LeBlanc is the top target at DT right now, but it’s still early & there will be several other prospects we’re after.

John Walker LeBlanc’s teammate at Osceola will also be someone to watch, I’m not sure what their initial eval will be, but we’ll see if they recruit him & LeBlanc together.

Mario has recruited the state of Alabama quite a bit & we’re in a good spot early for Connor Knight from Pinson.

The state of Alabama is actually pretty loaded this cycle with DT’s, DE’s & CB’s, but the thing with those kids are they are deathly loyal to the SEC, Bama, AU, UGA, Clemson, LSU etc get first dibs on all the top prospects & everyone else gets whoever they don’t want, so we’ll see how hard we push for the Bama kids.

Ultimately it’s still early to know exactly who or where they have their DLine board structured.

I like the Walker kid a lot. Makes sense to pursue him as well IMO. Especially since we're high on LeBlanc and he's high on us. You see Reuben as a DT with Mario's emphasis on bigger dudes? Idk fam, I could definitely be wrong and I don't know his measurements rn but I don't see him getting that big. SDE definitely, 6'2"-6'3" 285, kicking all types of *** on passing and running downs. Either way, lock him up. History show us that when a Bain is on our roster, we're a 10 game winner at worst(even Vaso and Judge Drew, though I'm not sure if the latter is in the same family)...

Advertisement
I like the Walker kid a lot. Makes sense to pursue him as well IMO. Especially since we're high on LeBlanc and he's high on us. You see Reuben as a DT with Mario's emphasis on bigger dudes? Idk fam, I could definitely be wrong and I don't know his measurements rn but I don't see him getting that big. SDE definitely, 6'2"-6'3" 285, kicking all types of *** on passing and running downs. Either way, lock him up. History show us that when a Bain is on our roster, we're a 10 game winner at worst(even Vaso and Judge Drew, though I'm not sure if the latter is in the same family)...
Bain could definitely play as a Strong side DE, I have him at DT because I look at him in the same vein as a Calijah Kancey type, an undersized interior rusher that can be disruptive in the A-gap.

He’s a versatile lineman that can play multiple spots on the line, especially in a 4-3/4-2-5 system, you can move him from Strong side on passing downs to 3-tech on run downs & short yardage plays.

But you right, just sign him up & figure out the rest later lol

Didn’t know Rueben was a DT

We just signed Moten, Cooper. Moultrie and Lichtenstein that plays both inside and DE. Yes, we are recruiting DT's in 23.
The German just isn’t a DT and the rest weren’t exactly first choices with Moten coming on strong at the end of the year.

Bain could definitely play as a Strong side DE, I have him at DT because I look at him in the same vein as a Calijah Kancey type, an undersized interior rusher that can be disruptive in the A-gap.

He’s a versatile lineman that can play multiple spots on the line, especially in a 4-3/4-2-5 system, you can move him from Strong side on passing downs to 3-tech on run downs & short yardage plays.

But you right, just sign him up & figure out the rest later lol
Bet bruh. I mean I definitely see the projection and he could be a bigger, stronger Kancey 2.0 type in that role. I was really coming from a place of would there be a role like that in Mario's scheme, but in hindsight I chalk that up as a brain fart. Any coach worth their weight in salt can see the value of utilizing the kid in that aspect .

Jit is a true defensive lineman. The versatility and even though he's not the biggest kid, he's got enough size to play anywhere on the line given the situation...

Advertisement
Back