DT run defense

verobeachcane

Recruit
Banned
After digesting 3 complete games. I have to say one of the bright spots for me is our interior run defense. The last two years I felt we were a little soft. I don't feel they are great pass rushers or penetrators, but i can live with that. All three games no one ran it up the middle effectively against us. I would like to see this continue. Miller, Bethal, Ford have all preformed great so far.

Advertisement
After digesting 3 complete games. I have to say one of the bright spots for me is our interior run defense. The last two years I felt we were a little soft. I don't feel they are great pass rushers or penetrators, but i can live with that. All three games no one ran it up the middle effectively against us. I would like to see this continue. Miller, Bethal, Ford have all preformed great so far.
Should only get better when Nesta gets back

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
DT’s have been a pleasant bright spot for the defense. Miller has played out of his mind while Bethel and Ford have been holding it tough also. Nnoruka seems to be a good disrupting tackle in the middle too. That’s 4 players and much needed depth to clog the middle up. Wish Miller had his stamina up or Silvera was back - we need the push from the middle to help the DE’s out. Speaking of, they’ve all looked lost and lacking in aggression on the field. Not sure if that’s on Stroud having them all thinking too much instead of reacting and playing downhill. Or if it’s Baker and his defensive play calling.

I thought Garvin did a poor job in that game at setting the edge late. He seemed confused and your right, Hill made too many boneheads plays to be a RSR.
I remember one play specifically garvin just let the rb run straight by him and he saw him too. He was awful in run fits late and they ran in the area patchan stunted from several times late. Add on to that both patchan/garvin were terrible that game in rushing the passer. Save me the unc qb got the ball out fast, that didn’t seem to stop unc who got 6 sacks or more majority coming from their dline while our dline only got 1 sack(4 all together with the lb and cb) vs unc

Advertisement
But even if nesta comes back isn’t he still gonna be outta shape? You guys are talking like he will be game ready. And wasn’t he behind ford and bethel on the depth chart? We need to pump our breaks with the nesta talk who was second string and not an impact on last years defense. Let’s just continue to coach the **** out of what we have and develop them.

Advertisement
Back