DT Recruiting

Hstokes1447

Junior
This staff has done an amazing job this cycle at recruiting DT's. This class has a great combination of talent, depth, and immediate impact players. Miami is currently the only team with 2 DT's ranked in the top 15 at the position, according to rivals.

NT
1. Travonte Valentine 4 star, position rank #14
2. Michael Wyche 3 star, JUCO EE
3. Courtel Jenkins 3 star

4-3 DT/ 3-4 DE
1. Anthony Moten 4 star, position rank #6
2. Calvin Heurtelou 3 star, JUCO EE
3. Edgar Cerenord 3 star (recently offered and has Miami in his top 5)

If Miami can close with these guys listed this will be the most amazing class in the country. This will also mean a total overhaul at the position. With a class like this, this staff will be able to redshirt Jenkins and Cerenord, while bringing Valentine and Moten along slow.

Possible 2014 DT depth
NT
JR Earl Moore
JR Michael Wyche
FR Travonte Valentine
FR Courtel Jenkins

4-3 DT/ 3-4 DE
SR Olsen Pierre
RJR Corey King (If another JUCO DT is added I don't think he will make it past spring)
JR Jelani Hamilton
JR Calvin Heurtelou
FR Anthony Moten
FR Edgar Cerenord

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Good post but i dont see us bringing Valentine or Moten along slow. I think they see big minutes next year

What about this McDowdell (sp) kid? He's a JUCO & supposed to be a badass. I think we are in his final group.

Advertisement
Love that we have DTs in this class. Love even more that some are actually really good. But you left out Chad. Hard to believe he will not play with his hand down at DE. Valentine is more important recruit, but Chad is the best. Kid is beast. I think he has chance of being best since Danny Stubbs--which is who he reminds me off. Of course, that assumes he is aloud to rush the passer and not asked to cover slot recievers and hold OT for 30 seconds before releasing them. Put him along side of a couple of these DTs in a 4-3 and he is the type of player that makes that system work.

Nice post. Most important thing is making sure moten & valentine sign with us. They do that and it will be a nice haul.

Olsen Pierre will probably play nose this next year. They put him in that spot a few times this year when we were up.

Plus Kamalu was trusted heavily for a kid didn't get a lot of time to understand the playbook. I see him starting next year.

Advertisement
Love that we have DTs in this class. Love even more that some are actually really good. But you left out Chad. Hard to believe he will not play with his hand down at DE. Valentine is more important recruit, but Chad is the best. Kid is beast. I think he has chance of being best since Danny Stubbs--which is who he reminds me off. Of course, that assumes he is aloud to rush the passer and not asked to cover slot recievers and hold OT for 30 seconds before releasing them. Put him along side of a couple of these DTs in a 4-3 and he is the type of player that makes that system work.

Chad will play DE. This post is only about the DT position.

This staff has done an amazing job this cycle at recruiting DT's. This class has a great combination of talent, depth, and immediate impact players. Miami is currently the only team with 2 DT's ranked in the top 15 at the position, according to rivals.

NT

4-3 DT/ 3-4 DE
2. Calvin Heurtelou 3 star, JUCO EE (his coach said he should sign with Miami soon)

If Miami can close with these guys listed this will be the most amazing class in the country. This will also mean a total overhaul at the position. With a class like this, this staff will be able to redshirt Jenkins and Cerenord, while bringing Valentine and Moten along slow.

Possible 2014 DT depth
NT
JR Earl Moore
JR Michael Wyche
FR Travonte Valentine
FR Courtel Jenkins

4-3 DT/ 3-4 DE
SR Olsen Pierre
RJR Corey King (If another JUCO DT is added I don't think he will make it past spring)
JR Jelani Hamilton
JR Calvin Heurtelou
FR Anthony Moten
FR Edgar Cerenord

Not sure why you are penciling in Cerenord and Heurtelou, just because we've offered. A few weeks ago that list would have included Pelon and Johnson, not to mention Stuckey. It's far from certain that those guys will end up with UM.

Advertisement

NT

4-3 DT/ 3-4 DE
2. Calvin Heurtelou 3 star, JUCO EE (his coach said he should sign with Miami soon)

Possible 2014 DT depth
NT
JR Earl Moore
JR Michael Wyche
FR Travonte Valentine
FR Courtel Jenkins

4-3 DT/ 3-4 DE
SR Olsen Pierre
JR Jelani Hamilton
JR Calvin Heurtelou
FR Anthony Moten
FR Edgar Cerenord

Not sure why you are penciling in Cerenord and Heurtelou, just because we've offered. A few weeks ago that list would have included Pelon and Johnson, not to mention Stuckey. It's far from certain that those guys will end up with UM.

It's a fuxking hypothetical depth chart in December. Who gives a ****?

NT

4-3 DT/ 3-4 DE

Possible 2014 DT depth
NT
JR Earl Moore
JR Michael Wyche
FR Travonte Valentine
FR Courtel Jenkins

4-3 DT/ 3-4 DE
SR Olsen Pierre
JR Jelani Hamilton
JR Calvin Heurtelou
FR Anthony Moten
FR Edgar Cerenord

It's a fuxking hypothetical depth chart in December. Who gives a ****?

So you agree it's meaningless, if you are including guys that have not even orally committed (which we know is an oxymoron anyway).

NT

4-3 DT/ 3-4 DE

Possible 2014 DT depth
NT
JR Earl Moore
JR Michael Wyche
FR Travonte Valentine
FR Courtel Jenkins

4-3 DT/ 3-4 DE
SR Olsen Pierre
JR Jelani Hamilton
JR Calvin Heurtelou
FR Anthony Moten
FR Edgar Cerenord

It's simply hypothetical, as a matter of fact all recruiting conversation is hypothetical until anyone actually signs a LOI. I penciled those guys in because they are both very high on Miami and the staff seems to be going hard at them both. Because of those efforts I believe that it is safe to assume that this staff would like to add 2 more DT's to this class.

I personally believe that is an amazing idea and will put this team in a position to never have to play TRUE FRESHMAN defensive tackles again. This staff must build for the future or we will be back to playing underclassmen at DT by 2016.

Advertisement
Back