DT DJ Williams update

D

deleted3746

-6-4 275 DT for Lufkin HS in TX
-Miami was his first offer
-After Miami offered, Oklahoma, Missouri, Kansas, and North Texas offered too
-Says he is considering everyone, but Miami and Oklahoma is at the top
-Plans on visiting Miami and Oklahoma, not sure when or if they'll be UOVs or OVs
-Says he is looking for good teammates and a good program, wants to go somewhere that will help you succeed in life, says he'd like to get on the field early
-His HS coach, grandma, and 2 friends are helping him with his decision
-Says his coach wants him to pick a place he likes and fits best with, his grandma wants him to get a good education, and his friends want him to become as good of a player he can be
-Jethro is his recruiter
-Says Jethro is a good coach who shows a lot of interest in the personal lives of players
-Says he'd like to play for someone that cares about what he does off the field
-Miami is high on his list because of academics and the need for DTs
-Says Miami needs him really bad and the staff told him he could be a freshmen all-american
-Says he is supposed to call Miami this week

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/617181/dj-williams

http://miami.247sports.com/Article/Miami-in-Top-2-for-Texas-DT-DJ-Williams-137366

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
well ****. I'm telling ya I'd love to see some Texas boys on our defense.

1.jpg

Advertisement
-Says Miami needs him really bad and "the staff told him he could be a freshmen all-American"

Well if you say so...I will go ahead and commit right now

Without watching the film or knowing much about him, I have confidence in his talents because of the Oklahoma offer. Ole Bob has had some **** good DTs throughout the years

It's the name. He's going to come to the U and be the next great "D.J. Williams"...I can feel it

Advertisement
Advertisement
"Without watching the film or knowing much about him, I have confidence in his talents because of the Oklahoma offer. Ole Bob has had some **** good DTs throughout the years"

"This **** right here. Was going to post it myself."

Not in several years. It's one of the reasons Oklahoma has really dropped off in terms of the national championship picture. What it might mean is that both staffs are working extremely hard to get back to prominence and they've both come across a kid that plays a position of need for their current squads. In other words, don't just anoint a DL kid because Oklahoma offered him.

Advertisement
Wescott Eberts @SBN_Wescott
Lufkin DT DJ Williams has #OU, Miami out in front for his services, receiving interest from Texas, but said they would be in 3rd with offer.
Wescott Eberts @SBN_Wescott
Success of the Miami D and Adrian Peterson at OU both stood out to him growing up. Plans on visiting both schools soon.

I really think we change DT recruiting this year, for the good.

We're going to land 2 more HS Seniors and probably another JUCO. Now develop them!

Advertisement
Back