DT - David Moala JC ?

Taylor26

Redshirt Freshman
I see that this dude is still out there hes at Junior College a Big Kid? 6-2 310 - played at Junipero Serra HS (Gardena, CA).

Advertisement
I remember he visited here the same weekend as Marquise Lee, Chickillo, and Perryman. Didn't get an offer.

Advertisement
If I remember correctly Cal passed in him as well. Additionally, the 6'2 listing is being generous.

If I remember correctly Cal passed in him as well. Additionally, the 6'2 listing is being generous.

I remember a certain 5'11 player on WF who had a pretty good year. We could use another big body out there, I would take him and Prestwood (at OL).

Can the dude ball? That's the **** question here. If he can bring his butt in, and figure it out.

Advertisement
dont like bringing in bodies just for the sake of it. We have King, Moore, Huertelou, and Wyche in that class, all of whom have some serious Jag potential IMHO. Bringing in a 5th Jag in the same class doesnt do us any good. Not saying he is that, but just that we have bodies, we need more than bodies, so if this dude is that bring him in and if not, next.

Advertisement
Waiting for Paranos to confirm

I am on the fence about this guy because he would need to be a change up the tempo type for UM's current style of play. I see him as a 3rd down NT/DT but Moala looks short, but has long arms an is very quick for his size. I have wanted UM to land a Pacific Islander for a long time, but this guy was dismissed from Arizona St the spring after he redshirted for violating team standards, an this was when they were extremely thin at the dline, but their beat writer said it had to be done, so it sounds like he was a problem in the locker room also. He chose ASU after having visited Miami on 1/21/11. Then after being dismissed from ASU he enrolled at a JUCO and committed to Hawaii to play for Norm Chow, but despite needing him desperately that deal fell apart when he wasn't able to qualify for Hawaii ( which has low academic standards, ouchhhh). So it was onto another year at Juco.

Moala will now have 2 yrs to play 2 yrs while staying academically eligible, given this issue an his height I think this is why UM staff has passed on him this time around.

Moala tries to transfer to Hawaii, but it is a no go.
http://warriorbeat.staradvertiserblogs.com/2012/05/16/warriors-land-d-tackle/

ASU dismissed Moala Article
http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepublic/sports/articles/20120316asu-football-set-short-spring-break.html

Podcast , they cover it at the 43:19 min mark
http://asudevilsden.com/2012/03/22/asu-devils-den-episode-26/

I wish the young man would have gotten his act together a little sooner he can be unblockable at times, an I hope he doesn't land at Louisville.

Go Canes

I remember a certain 5'11 player on WF who had a pretty good year. We could use another big body out there, I would take him and Prestwood (at OL).

Is every 5'11 DT going be as good as that though? Not likely.

Aaron Donald at Pitt is **** good at 6'.

Taking an exception and using it as a rule is bad argument. For every Aaron Donald you will end up with 100 Josh Holmes.

Advertisement

Is every 5'11 DT going be as good as that though? Not likely.

Yes, every 5'11 guy is that good. That is why I posted it.

They get better the lower you go..need some 5'10" or even 5'9" studs...hard to find though. Everyone's 6'4", 6'5" these days.

Advertisement
Back