2024 DT Board (2024 Edition) [Mario: This Time Its Personal]

Miami had some key staffers in the Windy City on Monday to check in on a trio of targets in the Class of 2024.

InsideTheU, with an assist from 247Sports’ Allen Trieu, discovered that defensive line coach Jason Taylor, defensive coordinator Lance Guidry, and wide receiver coach Kevin Beard were in Chicago, the home of five-star defensive lineman Justin Scott, four-star EDGE Marquise Lightfoot, and four-star wide receiver I’Marion Stewart.

The Hurricanes had staffers at both Kenwood Academy (Lightfoot and Stewart) and St. Ignatius (Scott) to see them during this spring evaluation period.

The 247Sports Crystal Ball is currently split on the for Scott, who spent nearly a week in Miami, with a recent pick in favor of the Hurricanes coming in from director of recruiting Steve Wiltfong. Both Lightfoot and Stewart took late spring trips down to Coral Gables too.

Lightfoot enjoyed his time down in South Florida.

“I would say the staff when I went down on the first visit," Lightfoot said of the Hurricanes to Trieu on Monday. “I was impressed when I went down there not knowing what to expect and they told me 'we need you.”

Scott is generating plenty of buzz for Miami and there is some confidence that the program can eventually land his signature.

“I’m feeling real good. I’m super comfortable here now. This is my second time here, basically spent the whole week here. I’m getting super comfortable here,” Scott told InsideTheU following the spring game.

“Definitely just seeing the young guys out there, seeing Rueben Bain going crazy. I think he had three sacks. Just seeing the opportunities here, the opportunities for young guys to get out there and play really stood out to me,” Scott said.

Stewart, a 6-foot-1, 180-pounder, is considered the No. 7 player in Illinois and Michigan leads on the Crystal Ball with three forecasts.

- Miami's Joe Salave'a was in Northern California to see recent visitor, Armijo (Cali.) Top247 defensive lineman Jericho Johnson who was in South Florida for Miami's spring game.

"The coaches showed a huge amount of love," Johnson told 247Sports' Brandon Huffman after the visit. "I felt very welcomed. I couldn’t tell you how many times they told me how excited and happy they were that I was able to make the trip."

Advertisement
Sean Sevillano Jr. offered yesterday

As a junior, racked up 78 tackles (50 for loss) and 22 sacks in 11 games. Helped CAI wins its second-straight Sunshine State Independent Association championship

Last edited:
4* 25 DT Trenton Wilson offered. #1 Athlete in MD in that cycle. One of several St. Frances offers. Multiple O$U visits already.

Sean Sevillano Jr. offered yesterday

As a junior, racked up 78 tackles (50 for loss) and 22 sacks in 11 games. Helped CAI wins its second-straight Sunshine State Independent Association championship

Like this kids game, a lot.

Advertisement
OP updated, I switched over to table format put the key recruits and those who've visited at the top. Everyone knows we're in play for a ton of impact DTs but until you see it in table form, you don't realize how stunning it is.

Still a work in progress as much of the details in the table weren't in the original list format. This really lets you visualize where the focus is much better

It would be great if we could crowd source the table update. If you know stars, UV info, commitments etc., please post here.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
From @Geo305 recruiting space

Predicted DL

• Dylan Russell stands out, his motor is tremendous
  • Grown a LOT since last season. Now at least 6'3"
  • Scott, Breland, Steward, Jackson (good spot)
  • Lightfoot trending away
  • Stone not yet a lock for Miami or OK
  • Things have cooled down with Booker Picket Jr, lot of DLs being recruited right now

So simmons is announcing next week?

So this board is about to be real clear over the next 3 weeks. By end of July we should know where this DT class is heading

It does feel a little frustrating that none of our top DL targets have committed, but if you look at our board, it's still deep with top uncommitted guys for whom we're in the mix:
Daylen Russell - committed

David Stone - might be trending to Oklahoma
Justin Scott - Wiltfong still has his CB on UM, Gaby hasn't wavered
Aydin Breland - We seem to be in there like swimwear.
Kamarion Franklin - just came to work out with JT instead of taking an OV elsewhere
Jericho Johnson - canceled his OV :-(
LJ McCray - has us in his recent Top 5
Artavius Jones - seemed to like his OV
TA Cunningham - Who knows?
Kendall Jackson
TJ Lindsey
Dimitry Nicolas
Jayden Jackson

There are also Plan B guys...
Tyreek'e Robinson
D'antre Robinson
[BGCOLOR=initial]Dinellson Exume[/BGCOLOR]
Chenellson Exume

And guys who are trending elsewhere, but we've had contact with...
Ernest Willor
Zina Umeozulu
Alex January
Deyvid Palepale

It's still very possible to catch a whale or two and sign a top national DT class.

Advertisement
Back