2024 DT Board (2024 Edition) [Mario: This Time Its Personal]

Advertisement
Anyone else notice a lot of prospects have us, Oregon, and the Primetime fighting Buffs in their top schools? I’m sure you have but 5 years ago that would have been suspect. Anyways, I think we are going to have some tough battles against those schools this cycle and I really hope we fight better in recruiting then we did on the field in 22. We need to win our fair share of those battles to have a strong class. Let’s go Mario put together an 8 million dollar class this year and we can start to turn the corner. Go CANES!!!

Be careful, they might put you in Purgatory for saying that...
Well played Little Country Eskimo!! Well played!!!!
1675396089226.gif

OP Title and Text updated after reading @DMoney in today's edition of the bank. I'm glad we're not the only ones frustrated with the state of DT recruiting.

As much as the fans focus on the DT position, Mario is even more locked in. It is his personal mission to add five-star talent to that room. This will be one of the major stories of the 2024 class.

2023 HS DT recruiting was an unmitigated disaster. Time to lick our wounds and look forward to 2024 recruiting which hopefully will have a different approach.

@DMoney From the February 3, 2023 Bank:

As much as the fans focus on the DT position, Mario is even more locked in. It is his personal mission to add five-star talent to that room. This will be one of the major stories of the 2024 class.

The initial list came from the 2023 DT board prospects listed by @Paranos & @Liberty City El. If you know of other names, please let me know.

2024 Priorities

TBD

2024 Targets

• D’antre Robinson (Orlando Jones)
  • Dimitry Nicolas (Pace)
  • Jabari Dukes (Champagnat)
  • Jordan Thomas (Don Bosco)
  • Nigel Smith Jr Melissa TX
  • TA Cunningham Alpharetta GA
  • Xavier Porter
  • Eddy Pierre-louis
  • David Stone (IMG)
  • Justin Scott
  • Hevin Brown-Shuler
  • Aydin Breland
  • D’Nas “Debo” White
  • Dominick McKinley
  • Champ Thompson
  • Darrion Smith (St Frances MD)
  • Tyreek’e Robinson
  • Daylen Russell (DT/DE from Columbus)
  • Jericho Johnson
  • Landen "Meat" Marshall
  • Artavius Jones (Blountstown FL)
  • Jayden Jackson (IMG)

2025 DTs to monitor
  • Xavier "X' Ukponu
  • Tarrell Greene (Dillard)
  • Myron Charles (Port Charlotte)
  • Brandon Brown (Melbourne)
Good work on these lists, man! Love it!

Ernest Willor is the guy I really, really want at DT. Maybe a little light right now, but he's an animal. IMG to the U Part II. Let's make it happen!

Advertisement
Good work on these lists, man! Love it!

Ernest Willor is the guy I really, really want at DT. Maybe a little light right now, but he's an animal. IMG to the U Part II. Let's make it happen!
He's currently in the Edge board. Do you see him growing into a DT?

Anyone else notice a lot of prospects have us, Oregon, and the Primetime fighting Buffs in their top schools? I’m sure you have but 5 years ago that would have been suspect. Anyways, I think we are going to have some tough battles against those schools this cycle and I really hope we fight better in recruiting then we did on the field in 22. We need to win our fair share of those battles to have a strong class. Let’s go Mario put together an 8 million dollar class this year and we can start to turn the corner. Go CANES!!!
I noticed that as well but also realized most of the guys with Colorado in their top 5 are skill guys. I didn't see many or any DL or DL with Colorado (I did a quick and cursory review of 247 top 100). Nothing scientific and I'm sure there was some bias on my behalf but it doesn't appear that Prime speaks the big guys language

They’ll eventually be on top 5 lists for linemen. If I’m a betting man, I’ll wager that Colorado was giving kids cash to put the school in their top 5. Very common practice and knowing Deion and his intent on spreading brand image, I wouldn’t be surprised if he was doing this

Advertisement
First time I've heard the word relentless mentioned with coach Joe's recruiting

Joe Salave’a has been relentless in the pursuit of defensive lineman Deyvid Palepale,

Advertisement
First time I've heard the word relentless mentioned with coach Joe's recruiting

Joe Salave’a has been relentless in the pursuit of defensive lineman Deyvid Palepale,

Related to the Sewell’s, playing at IMG next season I believe too. Not surprised that we may be going all out.

Guidry already at work! He offered at Tulane recently, today offers 24 DT Jordan "Supa" Cardentey

Advertisement
Can someone summarize the article and who the other leader is for Landen "Meat" Marshall?

Can someone summarize the article and who the other leader is for Landen "Meat" Marshall?

Miami & Florida State are the top 2 at the moment, says both schools are tied and have shown him the majority of what he needs in terms of being a better player and man.

Auburn & Oregon are behind that top 2, set to take a visit to Auburn before dead period coming up.

His relationship with coaches will be his deciding factor and he has a good relationship with DL quality control analyst Gary Walker and with Coach Joe. Walker and Marshall speak everyday and Salave'a has spoke with him several times.

"The Hurricanes‘ staff has preached player development to Marshall, broken down his film and told him which areas he needs to improve the most (they say he needs to use his hips more to make him a complete defensive lineman). He said the staff wants to show him how they can help him improve, and he’s open to constructive criticism from Miami’s coaches."

Marshall is looking to visit Miami for the first time sometime this spring.

Advertisement
Back