Driving all the way from nebraska

flyguy

Sophomore
So I’m coming back home for vacation. Driving all the way from Nebraska on the 7th. I am going to bring my oldest to UM. He only 9 but he loves watching the canes play. Anybody know the best way to try and get a pic or autograph with Diaz or king

Advertisement
So I’m coming back home for vacation. Driving all the way from Nebraska on the 7th. I am going to bring my oldest to UM. He only 9 but he loves watching the canes play. Anybody know the best way to try and get a pic or autograph with Diaz or king

University contact info for employees is listed on the website. You should be able to find out who the current admin for Diaz is. That's where you wanna start. Good luck.

Separately, if you're making the drive, you're in a perfect position to do a BBQ tour. Head east to KC, then St. Louis before turning south to Nashville. From there, I'd take a slight detour over the Appalachians toward Charlotte, before following 95 all the way down. Strikes me as a great road trip.

University contact info for employees is listed on the website. You should be able to find out who the current admin for Diaz is. That's where you wanna start. Good luck.

Separately, if you're making the drive, you're in a perfect position to do a BBQ tour. Head east to KC, then St. Louis before turning south to Nashville. From there, I'd take a slight detour over the Appalachians toward Charlotte, before following 95 all the way down. Strikes me as a great road trip.
I have to drive to GA next month and that was exactly what I told my wife. We have to hit the best bbq places along the way.

We're hitting Revival in Decatur for the return trip. My daughter said that was not negotiable.

I have to drive to GA next month and that was exactly what I told my wife. We have to hit the best bbq places along the way.

We're hitting Revival in Decatur for the return trip. My daughter said that was not negotiable.

Where are you going from?

I've been out in the PNW for years now, which is spectacular for being in the great outdoors, but very limited for BBQ. And bagels.

Advertisement
Where are you going from?

I've been out in the PNW for years now, which is spectacular for being in the great outdoors, but very limited for BBQ. And bagels.
Going from West Palm. We have some okay bbq, but the only great bbq I've had was on the back porches of friends.

Going from West Palm. We have some okay bbq, but the only great bbq I've had was on the back porches of friends.

I lived in West Palm right after graduation. All I remember was PA BBQ, which was half-decent, but that was years ago. Can't imagine you're gonna find much either up the turnpike or up 95 from WPB.

Advertisement
I lived in West Palm right after graduation. All I remember was PA BBQ, which was half-decent, but that was years ago. Can't imagine you're gonna find much either up the turnpike or up 95 from WPB.
Southern Pig in Stuart's pretty good and Moonswiner's in Fort Pierce are the two I hit around here.

- Dress in all black
- Wear ski mask
- Hide outside bedroom window
- Totally normal for SoFL

So Memphis is BBQ City. Hit the Rendezvous there. Several other outstanding BBQ restaurants, too. Plus Sun Records.

Advertisement
So Memphis is BBQ City. Hit the Rendezvous there. Several other outstanding BBQ restaurants, too. Plus Sun Records.
Isn’t there a Star-Volt Museum?

Yeah, leave it up to the white guy to take care of this serious omission.

Just don’t come up to D.C., all we have is Korean BBQ.

Oh, I forgot former Cane DE Corries Hardy. Has a food truck in Bethesda. And a place in Bowie. Haven’t tried but he deserves a shot as a former Cane.

http://www.hardysbbq.com/

Otherwise, there seems to be a dearth of BBQ, at least in Montgomery County. Yet Asian BBQs growing. Not the same.

Advertisement

I did Chicago to Louisville (Canes were playing last year) to Atlanta.

Advertisement
Back