Dream Defensive Tackle Situation

Advertisement
We need at least two of Clark, Valentine, Holley, Gaillard

We were late to the party with Gaillard and hes cooled on us I heard. He is a die hard Cane fan but his coach says alot of offers change a kids mind especially the SEC offers, his coach is in his ear for UM. Read that on TOS theres a huge thread about it.

Alot of names.. I see this as critical recruiting year for a DT. One game changer at DT and this team will be top ACC and BCS ready. I see it as the key missing piece...

In a perfect world I would love to see at least 1 of the true sophmore defensive tackles redshirt this season. I would also love to see this staff bring in at least 3 more defensive tackles. If this could happen 2014 DT situation could finally be in good shape.

2014 Dream Defensive Tackle Lineup
SR Olsen Pierre
SR Jalen Grimble
JR Corey King
JR Earl Moore
JR Dalvon Stuckey
SO Dequan Ivery
FR Khairi Clark
FR Travonte Valentine
FR Lamont Gaillard

Frankly, I think we need more than one JuCo DT. This year will be a shakeout. King, Moore, Grimble and Ivery are in tight spots. I think we see one or two of those guys guided toward the door. I think Kamala gets a look inside, too.

2014 needs to look like this:

Pierre
JuCo with immediate ability to step in
JuCo with immediate ability to step in (maybe more upside)
Moore/King/Ivery (whichever steps to the plate)
Moore/King/Ivery (2nd place finisher)
Kamalu
Freshman superstar
Freshman star
Freshman upside

2 jucos amd 2 frosh is fine, IMO, if they are good.

There is a limit on the amount of the roster we can dedicate to this position.

Agree. we dont need 10 DTs

Alot of names.. I see this as critical recruiting year for a DT. One game changer at DT and this team will be top ACC and BCS ready. I see it as the key missing piece...
Bostwick and Bryant were so key this past cycle. Huge losses, we need a stud there in the worst way. I agree 1 guy playing like a 1st round pick changes this D instantly. Hopefully OP is that guy.

Advertisement
In a perfect world I would love to see at least 1 of the true sophmore defensive tackles redshirt this season. I would also love to see this staff bring in at least 3 more defensive tackles. If this could happen 2014 DT situation could finally be in good shape.

SR Olsen Pierre
SR Jalen Grimble
JR Corey King
JR Earl Moore
JR Dalvon Stuckey
SO Dequan Ivery
FR Khairi Clark
FR Travonte Valentine
FR Lamont Gaillard

Frankly, I think we need more than one JuCo DT. This year will be a shakeout. King, Moore, Grimble and Ivery are in tight spots. I think we see one or two of those guys guided toward the door. I think Kamala gets a look inside, too.

Pierre
Kamalu
Freshman superstar
Freshman star
Freshman upside

I have 9 on there. Separated over 4 classes. I have two guys leaving the program: Grimble and the 3rd of Moore/King/Ivery.

SR Olsen Pierre
SR Jalen Grimble
JR Corey King
JR Earl Moore
JR Dalvon Stuckey
SO Dequan Ivery
FR Khairi Clark
FR Travonte Valentine
FR Lamont Gaillard

Pierre
Kamalu
Freshman superstar
Freshman star
Freshman upside

Agree with you that we can't have 9-10 DT's. I say bring in 3 freshman and 2 JUCOS because there will be attrition and unfortunately we seem to have a lot of JAG's on the DL right now.

DT is an absolute must, but temper the expectations on the impact next year, no defensive tackle should come in and play their freshman year, they are physically not ready or physically mature to do it, and most not even sophopmore year. It just doesn't happen anywhere. Look back to all the great D tackles and none of them really came on until their junior year. So yes on paper we need to bring in some top notch talent, none of them will help next year, which is why at least one Juco is vital this year.

Offers out to:
Anthony Moten(De/Dt)
Lamont Gallaird
Davonte Lambert(Juco)
DALVIN Stuckey(Commit)
Jaymius Pittman
Grant Harris(De/Dt)
Travonte Valentine
Khairi Clark
Adam Torres
Justin Jones
Victor Vernon(Juco)

Hopefully UM gets a few of the ELITE kids.

Advertisement
DT is an absolute must, but temper the expectations on the impact next year, no defensive tackle should come in and play their freshman year, they are physically not ready or physically mature to do it, and most not even sophopmore year. It just doesn't happen anywhere. Look back to all the great D tackles and none of them really came on until their junior year. So yes on paper we need to bring in some top notch talent, none of them will help next year, which is why at least one Juco is vital this year.

I totally agree, that's why I still have hope for King, Moore, & Ivey. We need to get the numbers up so we don't have to rely on true freshman. When we get to a point where DT's are not cracking the rotation until their redshirt sophmore year we will dominate again.

2012 top 5 defenses DT rotation
1. Alabama (3 SR, & 1 SO *when they go 4-3 the strong side DE moves inside to a DT*)
2. FSU (2 RSR, 1 RJR, & 1 SO)
3. BYU (2 SR *they run a 3-4)
4. Michigan St (2 SR, 1 JR, & 1 SO)
5. Florida (1 SR, 2 JR, & 1 RSO)

They one common dominator with all of these teams is no more than 1 sophmore cracked the rotation of any of these teams. If this is not clear enough for you then I don't know what will be. I know everyone wants results now but DT is the one position that you need to have patience. Guys will develop but it takes a minimum of 3 years.

Advertisement
Back