Draft

frostycane

Junior
I cant help but look at the available players and see just how many kids are on there from ACC schools but we only have SH, Linder, and Morris. Well, Odonnell too but he's not really ours. I just think it still speaks to the lack of talent we have at this point. I am not making any kind of excuse for the shortcomings of the players, staff, in game coaching. But it tells you something when the pro scouts come here and grade so many players so much lower than our competition. I mean Louisville, you know, the team se should have crushed in our bowl game, blah blah blah. yeah they had THREE first rounders. We probably won't have anyone even go on day two! Ebron, tore us up, went #10. I just think it is indicative of where this program still is. I also think it goes to show just how far away we really were and how close to becoming a doormat we were as well. I don't think we need another thread crapping on any of our coaches, current or prior. I just think it could be interesting conversation. Does anyone truly believe, based on our draftable talent, that we should truly be an elite team yet? I think we can be this year. I think we have every right to expect to be this year. But I just want opinions about our current talent, and the talent that was on last years team.

Who are the top draftees on the current team? I think we have a lot more currently than we have had in the past three drafts.... I think this is the most talent we have had, as a roster, in probably 7/8 years anyway...

Advertisement
It was sad to see No Hurricanes in the 1st round. I mean we seen plenty of tape of us getting dominated but its US vs the World.

What is significantly more compelling to me is how many Florida athletes went in that first round, yet none of the scores of Florida athletes who come here seem to sniff that round anymore.

I've said it for years, player development is the bigger issue than recruiting. And it's still not happening.

To think there was time when the accepted wisdom in the NFL draft rooms was "if you don't know who to draft next, take the available Hurricane at the position you need." It was a well know fact that even if a Cane was of lower talent than someone else, he would be more NFL ready than the more talented player from ANY other school. It is not just the talent level that has dropped. Randy still had some NFL talent but it was developed more in a negative fashion than positive. In fairness to Randy, I think that started under Larry. In the end even Randy's recruiting went in the tank. Now comes Al. He was gotten some high talent guys, but I am not certain the development if there. If you take Duke(who was a gift), and with him would have gone Tracy, out of the mix, what talent has the staff gotten. I make it DP and Stacy. I don't know if Flowers came with Duke or staff got him on its own. If he would be here without Duke, then that is a clear talent on Al's board. I think jury is out on everyone else and 2014 class has to be seen on the field first. We have fallen far my friends and it has been going on for over a decade.

Advertisement
a lot of that has to do with us not getting top end recruits, most of those taken in the 1st where 5-4 stars and the ones that werent where from smaller schools, would loved for us to have gone after pryor

we could see in the future stacy and flowers going in the first, stacy for sure, flowers maybe late first to second round

I find it so funny that there's a chance Morris will go undrafted when 9 months ago some people on here were talking about him as the first overall pick.

I find it so funny that there's a chance Morris will go undrafted when 9 months ago some people on here were talking about him as the first overall pick.

Who said that? Not saying you're wrong, but I'd like to go ahead and identify them immediately.

Advertisement

Who said that? Not saying you're wrong, but I'd like to go ahead and identify them immediately.

http://www.canesinsight.com/threads...page3?p=1477591&highlight=overall#post1477591

to be fair Dmoney was driving that bandwagon with slurpers who follow his word like the gospel

in all fairness we've had plenty of guys that have received unfair draft grades in the past few years. Orlando Franklin was way better than graded and who can argue that sam shields being undrafted when he is easily one of the best cbs from that draft is ridiculous. kiper has no love for the hurricanes anymore even when they deserve it.

Bortles, Watkins, Mack, Shazier, Pryor, Clinton-Dix, Benjamin, Bridgewater.

8 1st rounders went to HS in Florida. Only 1 went to the big 3. Pretty crazy.

http://www.canesinsight.com/threads...page3?p=1477591&highlight=overall#post1477591

to be fair Dmoney was driving that bandwagon with slurpers who follow his word like the gospel

D$ is usually right, but he was way off on Morris. He just didn't have it upstairs.

Advertisement
Ton of Florida kids going in the first half of round 2 as well. None from the U. It's sad to see. We have the greatest talent pool around but refuse to tap into that resource bc we want to be Wake Forest and not the U.

Ton of Florida kids going in the first half of round 2 as well. None from the U. It's sad to see. We have the greatest talent pool around but refuse to tap into that resource bc we want to be Wake Forest and not the U.

Miami denied admissions to all those players?

Advertisement

Miami hires coaches based on who will graduate most players, not who can develop kids for the NFL. Miami has zero interest in being an elite program, and is happier to be a mediocre basketball school with good grades.

Miami hires coaches based on who will graduate most players, not who can develop kids for the NFL. Miami has zero interest in being an elite program, and is happier to be a mediocre basketball school with good grades.

Of course. I think Shalala actually had HR put that in the job description and an absolute requirement for the job. Board of Trustees put that in Shalala's job description too.

What is significantly more compelling to me is how many Florida athletes went in that first round, yet none of the scores of Florida athletes who come here seem to sniff that round anymore.

I've said it for years, player development is the bigger issue than recruiting. And it's still not happening.

So you think the Buffalo coaching staff has better player development than Miami's staff?

Of course. I think Shalala actually had HR put that in the job description and an absolute requirement for the job. Board of Trustees put that in Shalala's job description too.

Do you really think this school cares about being an elite program anymore? What exactly have they done in the last 15 years to make you think that?

Advertisement
Back