Draft Decisions — December 9th update

View as article

Peter Ariz

All American
Premium
Matt Lee — officially declares

Kiko Mauigoa - back for another year

Looks like both Jared Harrison-Hunte and Jalen Rivers are returning.

Matt Lee should be a late round pick and has a chance to be a starter in the league.

Mauigoa was a day 3 pick but really wanted to play with his brother another year.

Advertisement
Thats for the update Pete.

What do you think the chances are Jalen Rivers is open to playing Center? He's played all over the Oline. And imo for us to have the pure best 5 on the OL it involves Rivers, Mauigoa, Cooper for sure. After those 3 it's a competition, but mostly among OT body types - who can also probably move to OG easily, but center may be a bit of a stretch.

So ideally right now something like:
LT: Okunlola / Bell
LG: McCoy or Kinsler
C: Rivers / Rodriguez
RG: Cooper /
RT: Mauigoa / Bell

I could see Mauigoa moving to like LG IF Bell is our 5th best olineman or if McCoy/Kinsler are just far better at OT. But I think the preference should be keeping Francis at OT.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Rivers played great at LT, I would think we go into the spring knowing LT is locked down.

LT Rivers
LG Cooper/Kinsler/Bell
C Rodriguez/?
RG Mauigoa/Kinsler/Bell
RT Okunlola/McCoy

Obviously the biggest concern now is center.

Advertisement
Rivers potentially moving to center and playing well there next year does nothing but help his draft stock. Teams love Day 3 Olineman who have shown to be reliable at multiple positions.
It would show he can play every position, but o still think he’s a LG with bell or pancake at LT.

Advertisement
Back