Draft Analyst on TVD

Advertisement
Totally agree with everything stated above. The hope is if Tyler cleans up his mechanics a bit and takes a jump in his play, you are looking at a first round QB.
Kenny Heisman got drafted in the first round.

You're telling me Big **** Van Dyke has to see a jump in his play to get taken there too?
usa network shawn and gus GIF

Yup, that low elbow was extremely evident when he first started, but he raised his delivery point some as time went on. That's a positive sign that he's a quick learner and able to be coached. I was talking about it from the first time I saw him and how it negated his height.

Young man has a future and I wouldn't have predicted that early on.

Yup, that low elbow was extremely evident when he first started, but he raised his delivery point some as time went on. That's a positive sign that he's a quick learner and able to be coached. I was talking about it from the first time I saw him and how it negated his height.

Young man has a future and I wouldn't have predicted that early on.
His delivery reminds me a lot of Phillip Rivers. But TVD has a better arm than Rivers did.

Advertisement
I understand that you have to look at everything especially with such a small sample size, but I was at the UNC game and it really seemed like the 1st half he was super nervous as (I believe) that was his first start. The 2nd half he looked like a totally different player.
I don’t count UVA or UNC. After those games he was completely different

Who is to say a new QB coach (and one as respected as Ponce) hasn't been working with him on mechanics? From all reports, TVD was quite accurate in the spring.
That’s a good question. I’m sure a quality QB coach like Ponce is working on his mechanics. Footwork is obvious I honestly wondered if they would tinker with his delivery while at Miami. As you mentioned, he was quite accurate in the spring. He was also very affective with that same delivery last year.

Advertisement
I am sure once they get to know each other better, he won't underthrow him quite so much.

Not trying to defend Tua but there are probably 3 QBs in the NFL who can't underthrow Hill. P. Mahomes, A. Rodgers, and J. Allen.

Cheetah has unreal speed. I hope Dolphins are able to use that their benefit this year.

TVD has always had a 3/4 delivery and I’m not crazy about messing with his mechanics too much. He’s tall enough that he’s not going to get passes batted down all the time and his accuracy on mid-deep passes is very good. There’s a lot of Phillip Rivers to his game

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back