Down field Passing Game?

hasena75

Junior
Where is our down field passing game?

Morris has a very live arm and with the speed Miami's receivers have they should be pushing the ball down field more..no?

Advertisement
Non existant... smh... I miss J12... you can say what you want J12 can make the deep past.... he has touch.... morris only throws arrows... time 2 try RW... SM throws the ball too high as well... leaving his receivers out 2 dry... and interceptions...... 3 and outs.... can't have this... GT game will be his last chance to prove himself...

First play vs BCC, missed a guy open by four yards by another three yards, I don't think Fisch has much confidence in Morris at this point because I do't remember another deep ball thrown.

Advertisement
Morris doesn't have any touch on his deep balls, hence, all the screen, swing, and hitch passes. Fisch philosophy is to let the receivers make a play after the catch and hope like **** they do.

I believe the west coast offense is built around short passes. I also don't think there is much confidence in the Qb's blind side protection! So we'll probably be seeing short passes all year.

Non existant... smh... I miss J12... you can say what you want J12 can make the deep past.... he has touch.... morris only throws arrows... time 2 try RW... SM throws the ball too high as well... leaving his receivers out 2 dry... and interceptions...... 3 and outs.... can't have this... GT game will be his last chance to prove himself...

This post has actually caused me physical pain.

I was fine before I read it.

First play vs BCC, missed a guy open by four yards for a touchdown, another three yards, I don't think Fisch has much confidence in Morris at this point because I do't remember another deep ball thrown.
FIFY. Just imagine if he wouldve hit Duke on that first play. Wouldve set the whole tempo of the game. He also missed another Touchdown later in the game in the redzone rolling to his left. I think he has too much faith in his arm strength to where he thinks he can put the ball anywhere by just launching it which isnt the case. I agree with OP above. GT is his last chance to show me something because im getting a little sick of these missed opprotunities in the passing game. Soon enough teams will start to stack the box realizing Morris cant throw to a wide open receiver, then POOF goes our running game. Williams time

Advertisement
I guarantee Morris can hit the deep ball all day long in practice. It's between the ears...still feeling the pressure of in-game situations, IMO.

Did anyone actually watch the game yesterday? Or Morris in general so far this season? His downfield accuracy is absolutely horrible. It's becoming abundantly clear why Jacory was named the starter last year and why Fisch is reluctant to throw deep with Morris. The guy has a strong arm but poor mechanics and no accuracy.

i remember a lot of people on here talking about how good morris was against BC and me thinking "were we wathcing the same game?"

He locks on to every receiver, treats the LOS like its an electric fence from Jurassic Park, and he throws worse than tebow does. Hes just not good and hasnt gotten better

Sadly our best hope is still playing in Wayne, NJ and will likely (and hopefully) get red shirted next year so we have 2 years of Morris

Did anyone actually watch the game yesterday?

yeah, i haven't been in sunlife or the OB with the game that hot since the colorado buffaloes visited in little havana. at least against the golden buffies there was a slight breeze.

morris yesterday was trying too **** hard. for him to miss a wide open duke on the first play of the game showed what we were in store for the rest of the afternoon. you could tell he was only trying to rely on his arm strength and gripping the ball way too hard to not allow any touch on the passes. i would have thought we at least saw williams for one series besides when the game was already in hand. thank god for duke's performance yesterday and the play of the offensive line to open up the lanes.

Advertisement
RT @BrickByBrick_4: Going vertical is my game.. I'm patient though

Dorsett tweet

Advertisement
Back