Dougie P out in Philly

Advertisement
Doug Pederson fired from Philly after 5 years.
@PIPO @Cribby how do y'all feel about this one?
I thought he was a good coach but the more time went on I think he got lucky with a lot of breaks. Including Reich being around. Oh and Nick Foles suddenly not looking mediocre.

I’m still confused with Wentz, did the injuries finally break him? Dude was arguably a top five qb the year we clinched home field. Dude was going up win the Mvp that year. He has something like 35 td and 2 int when he tore acl. With three games left.

Im also turning on Howie Roseman. This dude continues to draft like a twit, especially at cb , lb and dl.

Last edited:
Doug Pederson fired from Philly after 5 years.
@PIPO @Cribby how do y'all feel about this one?
Everything @Cribby said.

after the super bowl season, he barely got in the playoffs. It took miracle runs at the end to get in.

Looks like Lurie chose Wentz over Douggie. He got hit a ton with that O-line. Some issues on him but not all and like Cribby said, Roseman has done a terrible job to help him out relying on old man DJax and Alshon and undrafted players at WR. It was always Ertz, Ertz, Ertz.

Look at what Andy has done in KC. Talk about adapting and changing. Douggie seemed to not adjust very well to anything. Always shooting from the hips.

Give me Ryan Day 😂😂😂

Advertisement
I thought he was a good coach but the more time went on I think he got lucky with a lot of breaks. Including Reich being around. Oh and Nick Foles suddenly not looking mediocre.

I’m still confused with Wentz, did the injuries finally break him? Dude was arguably a top five qb the year we clinched home field. Dude was going up win the Mvp that year. He has something like 35 td and 2 int when he tore acl. With three games left.

Im also turning on Howie Roseman. This dude continues to draft like a twit, especially at cb , lb and dl.
Wentz always had issues with footwork, processing speed and downfield accuracy. He was effective when Pederson dailed up the quick game with 1 and 3 step drops, and he got lucky with the feast or famine Houdini plays the 1 year. No coincidence that Foles took over and the vertical pass game took off with a QB who can throw from a balanced base.

Wentz hasn't regressed or been broken like the narratives say. The OLine got worse, the receivers suck and defenses adjusted to Pederson's defined quick game scheme (that Wentz necessitated). Again Hurts took over and all of a sudden the deep ball became part of the offense again.

Pederson is a smart coach who adjusts to what he has. I think he'll do well on his 2nd HC job, likely with the Jets. Eagles need a total rebuild and they have the wrong GM for it as Roseman can't draft.

Advertisement
Wentz always had issues with footwork, processing speed and downfield accuracy. He was effective when Pederson dailed up the quick game with 1 and 3 step drops, and he got lucky with the feast or famine Houdini plays the 1 year. No coincidence that Foles took over and the vertical pass game took off with a QB who can throw from a balanced base.

Wentz hasn't regressed or been broken like the narratives say. The OLine got worse, the receivers suck and defenses adjusted to Pederson's defined quick game scheme (that Wentz necessitated). Again Hurts took over and all of a sudden the deep ball became part of the offense again.

Pederson is a smart coach who adjusts to what he has. I think he'll do well on his 2nd HC job, likely with the Jets. Eagles need a total rebuild and they have the wrong GM for it as Roseman can't draft.
When Foles took over they just scrapped everything and went to ab Rpo offense. I think Pederson and his o just got exposed. He was never a guru.

The injuries still amaze me, i never seen a team with 10-20 players on ir every year. Something is just strange , even the SB year we had half the team out.

Wentz has had terrible ol’s because of injuries and Agholor alone probably caused him ten td’s. He’s had a lot of bad luck , mix in the injuries I think he’s broken.

The biggest shift from the SB to the 2020 team was with the OL and run schemes. In that SB year they had a variety of run schemes especially split flow gap schemes and the OL was athletic and physical. 2020 they ran the ball okay but the run schemes were more vanilla and the athleticism wasn't there to run all those gap scheme puller plays like I remember.

I don't think Wentz has fundamentally changed as a player but it's possible a few incremental changes have torpedoed him like you said. When your play naturally teeters on instability it can unravel pretty quickly and easily.

Advertisement
Back