Doug Pederson was available…

LatinCane

Sophomore
Just saying…he was my #1. Dude is a Coach not a Corch. I personally thought we needed a coach with strong NFL experience. But probably didn’t even reach out…

Ok, back to hoping Mario and Co. can get this program back on track.

It’s Bye Week! Say what you gotta say, then let’s get back to supporting the team! Go Canes!

Advertisement
College Sports Sport GIF by FAU Athletics

He's an excellent coach.

Two of the first three weeks into his tenure with Jacksonville, they look like the best team in football against playoff contenders.

They are fun to watch.

Defensive front seven is pretty nasty, too.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
So you think a NFL HC and a life long NFL guy was going to come here?

Think Tonight Show GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon
Some college coaching opportunities are on the same pay scale NFL coaching salaries. Pete Carroll, Herm Edwards and Bill O’Brien are just three examples. Oh yeah, not sure if you’ve heard of Paul “Butch” Davis but he came from the professional ranks also. You don’t know unless you ask. I don’t even think we reached out to anyone besides MC. $ 8 million, 10 years would appeal to a lot of NFL coaches. Miami is not paying $250K a year…..

Well the players wanna make the nfl they gotta be able to learn complex systems. Not a lashlee dumb down offense for dummy.
It's college football not the NFL. Until we are decent enough to get NFL players, do whatever scheme it takes to make the Rambos, Stacy Coley's and Phillip dorsetts look good. None of them did much in the NFL and were the best we have had in years.

Lane coaching acumen with Mario recruiting ability would of been nice. But Lane offense would of been fun to watch.

Advertisement
Some college coaching opportunities are on the same pay scale NFL coaching salaries. Pete Carroll, Herm Edwards and Bill O’Brien are just three examples. Oh yeah, not sure if you’ve heard of Paul “Butch” Davis but he came from the professional ranks also. You don’t know unless you ask. I don’t even think we reached out to anyone besides MC. $ 8 million, 10 years would appeal to a lot of NFL coaches. Miami is not paying $250K a year…..
The money may be similar at many programs but a lot of coaches do not want to recruit. Period. No booster nonsense. Period.

And no real pressure to go undefeated. Not possible (practically) in the NFL. Fans in Oklahoma are already crying over Veneables' loss to K-State. Game 4 of his tenure. Canes fans are lighting torches and grabbing pitchforks, ready to storm Greentree.

HCs want 24/7 football.

And the NFL is the elite.

Last edited:
All the coaches you mentioned were college assistant coaches previously. Doug has only been an NFL coach.

I will repost again

So you think a NFL HC and a life long NFL guy was going to come here?

Davis came up through college and followed JJ to NFL and was never a NFL head coach

Advertisement
Back